Best Microsoft Phone for photographers?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've always enjoyed using my ancient Lumia 925 as a camera.
Still using it today as a very capable small pocketable shooter.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm talking about one for everyday use.

I don't have one, yet the 950 seems the very best choice if not the only choice to get that old time Nokia feel from what I read.
The choices are few anymore so it's either something in the 950 range or the 650.
Ask any 1520 owner about the camera on that phone plus it still remains viable.

The 830 or 640XL are other possible contenders.
I like my Lumia 925 on 8.1 because it jumps right into Lumia camera from lock when pressing hardware shutter button

All other choices are long in the tooth or getting tough to find.
Good luck with the search.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sean... Maybe go to the device forums for the last gen Lumias and check the Pics taken with thread for each.

As others have said, 950/XL gives a great experience... For an 8MP, non-PureView Lumia 650 takes nice pics too. But 950/XL will of course blow that away in terms of image quality and size, offer DNG power for post shot processing, etc.

None of the 3rd party players seem to have come close: HP, Alcatel, Acer...

Sean Legend

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Sean... Maybe go to the device forums for the last gen Lumias and check the Pics taken with thread for each.

As others have said, 950/XL gives a great experience... For an 8MP, non-PureView Lumia 650 takes nice pics too. But 950/XL will of course blow that away in terms of image quality and size, offer DNG power for post shot processing, etc.

None of the 3rd party players seem to have come close: HP, Alcatel, Acer...

I feel like I've seen you on a lot of my forums. Anyway, I'll check it out.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by Guytronic
Originally Posted by Sean Legend
I'm talking about one for everyday use.

I don't have one, yet the 950 seems the very best choice if not the only choice to get that old time Nokia feel from what I read.
The choices are few anymore so it's either something in the 950 range or the 650.
Ask any 1520 owner about the camera on that phone plus it still remains viable.

The 830 or 640XL are other possible contenders.
I like my Lumia 925 on 8.1 because it jumps right into Lumia camera from lock when pressing hardware shutter button

All other choices are long in the tooth or getting tough to find.
Good luck with the search.

What about the 930, the camera on that is pretty good.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
The thing about phones is some are on specific carriers. So you have to look at if your able to switch to even get the phone you want.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Make makes a good image, the camera or person taking the picture? I suggest it's the photographer and not the camera (or phone in this case).

Half the battle is knowing the limits of your camera. I've always felt my 735 took good enough pics.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Make makes a good image, the camera or person taking the picture? I suggest it's the photographer and not the camera (or phone in this case).

Half the battle is knowing the limits of your camera. I've always felt my 735 took good enough pics.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
... as they say, the best equipment a photographer needs is good eye and a pair or good walking shoes.

.... !!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3