Are there watermarks on this phone? On the battery? On the phone it'self?

xtremeskilbert

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm wondering if this phone (Samsung Ativ Odyssey) has any watermarks like most phones do. I'm on Verizon Wireless and my previous phones used to have white squares with red X's that smeared or went white if the phone was exposed to water. I looked up several new Samsung phones and they have watermarks that turn red if the phone is exposed to water. When I look at my Samsung Odyssey, there are white squares on both the battery and the phone and a plus sign pattern on the plastic behind the battery. My phone has been exposed to water and after recovery in a bag of rice, everything works fine (touch, vibrate, all connections) except the sound and microphone. Wondering if I can get a free replacement at Verizon if they cannot prove the phone has been exposed to water by watermark and claim the mic and sound just went out.

Thanks,

SK

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
There are almost always watermarks on the innards. If you are within your warranty period, you might be able to go into a local retail store and weasel yourself into something but if you send it in, they will open it and usually charge you a warranty fee.

If your phone works, I wouldn't try to do anything you are not deserving of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6