Freezes in call

canofworms

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to spend to mich time on this because there is another thread with HTC and Nokia phones exhibiting similar symptoms. Mine are a bit different. I used a Samsung Focus for 2 years with AT&T on Windows Phone 7.5. Except for the rare exception had no issues.

Samsung ATIV Odyssey Windows Phone 8 on Verizon, many issues.

-phone will /freeze/ when in a call. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm calling a land line or a cell. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of phone I'm calling or what network they use - they symptom is the same. One or twice a day, the phone will get stuck on the call details window during a call. I have the conversation fine but can not hang up or leave the in-call details screen. I can toggle the screen off and back on, can toggle from number pad to call options, but can not put it on speaker (of course because at this point the call has been over for some time now). The call doesn't stay open, just the call detail screen. I have to power off the handset.
- I have also had the phone hard lock while texting but only once.

I am on my second Samsung Odyssey and come to think of it had the same trouble with my HTC 8x I had before the two Samsungs, all since I switched to Verizon a month ago. Another difference is it was 3G with ATt and 4G now with Verizon.

Is Verizon tying to sabatoge the Windows Phone or is Microsoft capable of doing that all on their own?

canofworms

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure, I would think so. Also not sure how I would check. I spoke to a Verizon support person today and they had me check the device firmware, it was current.

They have me leaving my Exchange Corporate Email connection off the phone for a day to see if it helps. They think the Exchange connection is the one common denominator. Also, FYI, I do not install ANY apps.

Thanks for the thought BigP. :smile::smile::smile:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, I would think so. Also not sure how I would check. I spoke to a Verizon support person today and they had me check the device firmware, it was current.

They have me leaving my Exchange Corporate Email connection off the phone for a day to see if it helps. They think the Exchange connection is the one common denominator. Also, FYI, I do not install ANY apps.

Thanks for the thought BigP. :smile::smile::smile:

Go to setting > phone update > check for updates.

Hope that help and any time :smile:

canofworms

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick update. The Exchange Active Sync connection didn't seem to have made a difference. I began to think that it was the contacts that I had on the phone via the active sync, but the phone would do its lockup even without the contacts.

The latest info. I have experienced the issue with both an incoming and outgoing call. On an incomming call I will successfully answer the phone but it will stay on the answer/ignore screen. On an outbound call it will complete the call and then stick on the "dialing.." screen forever, even during the call.

I never had this many issues with Windows Phone 7 and 7.5. Just saying.

canofworms

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have now tried a Nokia 828 (i think thats the model number) and had the same results.
I started using it on Friday at 1:30pm and had no problems until Sunday morning at 8:30am. At 8:30am I installed two Windows Phone updates that popped up for install. Directly after the updates completed successfully and rebooted I made a call and it stuck on the “ending call…” screen. It could be coincidence, the issue didn’t happen until after the Updates were applied.
It had been on version 8.0.9905.12 and was updated to 8.0.10211.204.

After the issues represented them selves on my 4th phone, 3rd different brand phone, I went back to the Samsung. To be thorough i removed my email account and reset it back to factory. Shortly after it exhibited a new symptom. I placed a call and had my conversation. The phone never went into the "call screen". So at the end of my call I had no way to hang up, as a matter of fact the phone had no idea it was even in a call. I could not take calls or make new calls. Dialing a number and hitting call would just bring me back to the dial screen. I had to again power off the phone.

canofworms

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I am now using the Nokia 928. What an awesome phone. But, still having the call freeze issue. The official word from the Verizon case I opened is I am in an area of 'marginal' signal quality. This makes sense as my signal does suck. So I guess that is the end of a long headache. I now wait for Verizon to boost the signal in my area somehow. Not holding my breath but one can hope can't he?

I hope this helps another WP user out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes