Hey guys,

I know the Samsung Odyssey isn't a high-end handset, however one of my friends is on U.S. Cellular and she is interested in checking out Windows Phone. Her current Samsung Android phone which is similar stylistically to this model, decided to go on the fritz (I wonder why... low-end androids... ) and I recommended she switch to Windows Phone for a smooth experience on a lower/mid-range handset. However, I'm reluctant to tell her to upgrade as soon as possible, if there are any new Windows Phones coming out for U.S. Cellular. I also know that the Odyssey isn't that new, are there any rumors about it getting the 8.1/Cortana updates, or is it stuck in its own little bubble? How optimistic is it that U.S. Cellular will be getting any new Windows Phones sometime soon?

My friend is more than willing to try it out, regardless but for those of you who have owned the phone, how would you rate your experience with it? Is it still a solid/reliable phone for basic calling, texting, email, and light data purposes?

Thanks!
    12-05-2014 01:03 AM
    I think the Odyssey has been abandoned and no updates will come.
    I would recommend getting an unlocked phone to use, perhaps the Samsung ATIV S Neo.
    01-24-2015 08:40 PM
    I think the Odyssey has been abandoned and no updates will come.
    I would recommend getting an unlocked phone to use, perhaps the Samsung ATIV S Neo.
    Unfortunately, that won't be possible, since US Cellular is a CDMA carrier, so they won't allow any devices without their own branding on their network.
    01-24-2015 08:49 PM
    Unfortunately, that won't be possible, since US Cellular is a CDMA carrier, so they won't allow any devices without their own branding on their network.
    I see. I confused US Cellular with Consumer Cellular.
    01-25-2015 10:15 AM