please anyone tell me if it's possible to change the IMEI number on Samsung ATIV Odyssey Verizon:crying? For me to use it in Turkey
    10-04-2016 10:25 AM
    hi and welcome to the windows central forums :)

You cant change the IMEI of a cell phone instead to get rid of the carrier branding you can flash a ROM from any other region. Simply find your product code which will be in the format of RM-xxx Under settings>about. Then download the available region wise CV here on this website and flash it using WDRT.

Link to ROM:>http://www.lumiafirmware.com/
    10-04-2016 10:52 AM
    Yes, it is possible, but is NOT recommended. Unauthorized changing of IMEI may have legal sanctions and implications. But beyond that, changing the IMEI opens a can of worms.

What if, for example, you own a device with IMEI # A. Someone from a different country decides to change the IMEI of his phone, and he happens to change it to yours. Then he does something fishy with his phone, and gets his IMEI locked. Your IMEI will then be locked.

Nope. Not good. This also happens to fall potentially under cellular phone cloning, with is definitely illegal.

Better to go to your Mobile service provider and ask for a legally secure solution to your issue.
    xandros9 and abhishek singh21 like this.
    10-04-2016 10:54 AM
    hi and welcome to the windows central forums :)

You cant change the IMEI of a cell phone instead to get rid of the carrier branding you can flash a ROM from any other region. Simply find your product code which will be in the format of RM-xxx Under settings>about. Then download the available region wise CV here on this website and flash it using WDRT.

Link to ROM:>http://www.lumiafirmware.com/
    Woah there, OP owns a Samsung ATIV Odyssey. Only one variant exists on the planet and it's also not a Lumia.
    10-04-2016 10:56 AM
    i assumed the variant might exist. Apologies for any confusion.
    xandros9 and gpobernardo like this.
    10-04-2016 11:15 AM
    Thanks so much for the information
    10-04-2016 12:02 PM