Cheering for ATIVS S Neo success

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 928 is a device which also has one year old specs except for the camera, so what is your point?

Have in mind meeting true Qualcomm CDMA standards, and getting components which are compatible for LTE band 25, as well as SMR 800MHz/PCS 190Hz bands for Sprint's CDMA network (which as of June 1st is Qualcomm CDMA 4.0 certfied) is not cheap. Also have in mind the form of LTE Advance Sprint will roll out will be more in line with international carriers compared to the other major three.

So, due to parts for Sprint's network being more expensive is that why Sprint charges $50 more than everyone else for the subsidized GS4? Or is that just because it is Sprint? Regardless, a $150 price point for this phone seems steep when you look at the feature set compared to they HTC One or other phones like that.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The $150 price tag doesn't bother too much even though I was looking for something more like $99. The thing that bothers me is the mail-in rebate which means I have to $199 upfront then wait 3 to 6 weeks to get reimburse. I try to support Sprint as much as I can but this time if Best Buy or Amazon have it for $50 less I'm going with them instead of my Sprint store which would be a first. It's already bad enough we had to wait so long for these devices but then these price point just made it worst.

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Arrive on Amazon because it was slightly cheaper and they waived the activation fee. I will be looking at other retailers again for the Neo since I don't want to pay an additional $36 activation fee on top of the cost of the phone.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not just for Sprint. Several regional and all of Sprint MVNOs need devices with LTE Band 25 compatible components. There are a few LTE bands used in Europe and Asia where compatible parts are an issue. It's the fault of the component manufacturers on not addressing all LTE bands equally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss