I Think Sprint & Microsoft is gonna miss a big opportunity this Weekend

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I become eligible for my upgrade discount tomorrow and I sure other Arrive users have had that for awhile now too. I thought it would've been a idea to announce these new devices in Early to Mid-June and launch them July 1st which is a Monday. I work in retail and I know 4th of July Weekend is a big shopping event, I would've had a huge Smartphone sell and have the New 8XT for $49.99 and the Ativ Neo for $99.99 just for the weekend since they're $99.99 and $149.99 regularly. I would've ran out and got a Neo. They could've even ran it as an online only sell. That's just my opinion but I think that would've help WP8 on Sprint have decent launch.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The only part of this launch that bothers me....

How dedicated is Sprint to WP this time?? Just a portion of Verizon and AT&T's promotional support would be nice.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have in mind Microsoft is providing Marketing support to AT&T and t Mobile, as well as Verizon. I would expect Microsoft be more supportive this time in Sprint's case (who was the only CDMA carrier promoting WP7 in the case of the Arrive/Pro 7)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Have in mind Microsoft is providing Marketing support to AT&T and t Mobile, as well as Verizon. I would expect Microsoft be more supportive this time in Sprint's case (who was the only CDMA carrier promoting WP7 in the case of the Arrive/Pro 7)
Verizon also had the trophy around that time didn't they?

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Verizon did not push the Trophy at all. Sprint did try for the Arrive (as well as every CDMA carrier in the US that sold the Arrive/Pro 7).

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Verizon did not push the Trophy at all. Sprint did try for the Arrive (as well as every CDMA carrier in the US that sold the Arrive/Pro 7).
how exactly did sprint actually try for the arrive? This is the same company who used the arrive as an advertisement to recycle your device and the device wasn't even 6 months old and when they were called out on it, they went and changed the advertisements.

There was an article on wpcentral about it. Sprint did not push the arrive except to be recycled.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually, there were several newspaper ads (both national and regional newspapers), radio ads, and a TV ad as well. Those were visible and heard for the first two+ months, but ironically those were never mentioned here...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I am thinking WP8 support. Big Red has put their Nokia's on display fairly well. There has been a very good "So advanced it is simple" campaign for both the 822 and the 8X. In return, the 822 has been rumored to have been a very pleasently selling surprise and the 8X sold to expectations. AT&T has stood behind WP since it's introduction. If Sprint steps up at all for their two WP8 devices, both of which have good selling points, they may get a very good response.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The 822's sales figures have been in amount only because it has been given away for free, otherwise it would have not moved enough units. And for the looks of it, the 928 is heading the same way for a device which has year old specs (yes, I went there and reversed the logic of the bashing of the Ativ S Neo).

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I know for sure the Ativ S Neo will be a major seller, especially in places where LTE is widely active (and that stat is actually growing, and will grow even faster once the FCC give the approval of the Softbank deal).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro