Less than 2 Weeks Away from Release

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Who is planning on getting it from Sprint directly on Day 1 & who is planning on waiting for a Third-Party Retailer? I saw that Amazon got the 8XT a day or 2 after Sprint did for $99 with no Rebate, so if they do the same thing with the Neo then that's my first option. Whomever decide to go to a Sprint store on Day 1 let us know if they have a floor model for it.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I plan on getting one from a corporate store on day one... I'll be calling the store the day Sprint announces the phone (I'm assuming early this coming week, like they did with the 8XT, announcing it the week before release) and confirming if they plan to have any in. I'll ask them if I can specifically get one on hold for day one.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I was going to start another thread, but I figured I might as well just ask this here... does anyone see Sprint announcing this phone tomorrow (well, later TODAY)? Sprint announced the HTC 8XT the Tuesday before it was released... that would line up to be today for the ATIV S Neo.

I'm just officially going bonkers wanting this phone already!

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I was going to start another thread, but I figured I might as well just ask this here... does anyone see Sprint announcing this phone tomorrow (well, later TODAY)? Sprint announced the HTC 8XT the Tuesday before it was released... that would line up to be today for the ATIV S Neo.

I'm just officially going bonkers wanting this phone already!

It would make sense for them to do that so the word can get out a little before the week of release. Then again this is Sprint with a Non-Android Device so to be honest I would be surprise if they don't fumble this one up. I hope we at least get the final Specs by the end of the week, because I know the internal storage is still a major question for most people. With that said 8gb, 16gb, 32gb,etc I'm getting the phone regardless, I would just have to get my microSD sooner than later if it is less than 16gb.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It would make sense for them to do that so the word can get out a little before the week of release. Then again this is Sprint with a Non-Android Device so to be honest I would be surprise if they don't fumble this one up. I hope we at least get the final Specs by the end of the week, because I know the internal storage is still a major question for most people. With that said 8gb, 16gb, 32gb,etc I'm getting the phone regardless, I would just have to get my microSD sooner than later if it is less than 16gb.

Oh man do not get me started. If you post on Sprint's forum's about this, the Sprint reps' main responses are that everyone is overreacting, and they're pushing the WP8 very hard to sell. Also they're making it clear if the OS doesn't sell well, it's has nothing to do with them.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh man do not get me started. If you post on Sprint's forum's about this, the Sprint reps' main responses are that everyone is overreacting, and they're pushing the WP8 very hard to sell. Also they're making it clear if the OS doesn't sell well, it's has nothing to do with them.

I usually love Sprint but the way they handle the Windows Phone OS is just pathetic. Waiting almost a year after the launch of WP8 then not really promoting the current & upcoming devices. It's like they want WP to fail so they don't have to spend advertising $$$ on it & just stick with the Top 2 horses iOS & Android, and lets be honest does Apple or Android need advertising anymore. Then don't even let me begin to mention the pricing for the Rehash type devices, if it was a brand new Samsung device for $150 AFTER A MAIL-IN REBATE price tag would be easier to swallow but for a scaled-down Ativ S that's ridiculous. For the record I heard & read from my research that the Ativ S is an incredible phone, but 6 months after it's launch I would've preferred an upgrade version for $150 without a mail-in rebate or the same exact Ativ S for $99.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I usually love Sprint but the way they handle the Windows Phone OS is just pathetic. Waiting almost a year after the launch of WP8 then not really promoting the current & upcoming devices. It's like they want WP to fail so they don't have to spend advertising $$$ on it & just stick with the Top 2 horses iOS & Android, and lets be honest does Apple or Android need advertising anymore. Then don't even let me begin to mention the pricing for the Rehash type devices, if it was a brand new Samsung device for $150 AFTER A MAIL-IN REBATE price tag would be easier to swallow but for a scaled-down Ativ S that's ridiculous. For the record I heard & read from my research that the Ativ S is an incredible phone, but 6 months after it's launch I would've preferred an upgrade version for $150 without a mail-in rebate or the same exact Ativ S for $99.

I honestly do think they're doing what they did with the HTC Arrive and just going to take stock, price it way too high, not promote it, then come back and say "See we knew the WP8 wasn't going to sell, or we tried". That was their excuse in the first place when they decided not to carry the platform! They said because WP7 didn't sell well they were going to wait. They didn't even try to sell the Arrive which was $199.00 on a 2 year contract.

There's 2 reasons I haven't jumped ship yet. 1 is I'm trying to get another line on the family plan to come with me, but they're still a few months away, 2 I'm curious to see how the Ativ S Neo comes out, but the fact we haven't heard anything, I doubt it will be released the August 16th date. Also apparently it's a downgraded version of the Ativ S which makes absolutely no sense! You'd think after making everyone wait so long they'd come out with the mother of all WP8 phones. They say patience pays off, but not if you're with Sprint apparently. Also look where they've placed the 8XT in their phone menu. Bottom of the page next to phones that are over a year old.

I know everyone loves the unlimited data plan, but doesn't Tmobile offer that now? Also that whole new Jump program is something I find very intriguing since you can update phones more frequently. Plus they have the 925.

I know I've already posted this, but I think sprint users should vent on the sprint website's forums. There's already a bunch of us going back and forth with their reps, but I think more people venting tends to get them to respond quicker. I sure as hell don't want to promote them or their site, but got to hit em at the source.

I hope this phone sells well and Sprint becomes a major carrier of the WP, but as you can tell from my username, I have no faith in that.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Here's why I believe the ATIV Neo is still coming out next Friday. While they haven't officially announced it yet, Sprint does store planogram changes once per month. These changes usually include phone releases, price changes, signage changes, etc. It happens on a Friday usually around mid-month. Keeping in check with last month, the 8XT was released on the 19th, which was their last planogram change. The 16th would seem to be logical for their August one, since it's a month apart. Their next planogram change would probably be Sept. 13th, which is also the rumored in-store release date for the long awaited BlackBerry Q10 (according to the same leaked document which mentioned 16th for the ATIV).

Also rumored to come on the 16th with the ATIV Neo is the red HTC One. So while I'm fairly confident that the phone will still be coming next Friday, it's just driving me bonkers that they haven't announced it officially yet. I'm not sure if there is any reasoning as to when they announce phones before release... they announced the 8XT ten days before release and they announced the LG Rumor Reflex S featurephone the day OF its release (which was the same day as the 8XT, strengthening my planogram release idea).

I'm remaining confident that the ATIV Neo will still be dropped next Friday.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I believe it will release next Friday but I hope they actually advertise it. Hopefully now that they would have both WP8 device out by the end of next week they will actually start to promote the platform. As much as I hate AT&T I have to give them credit they do push WP devices better than any other US carrier.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe it will release next Friday but I hope they actually advertise it. Hopefully now that they would have both WP8 device out by the end of next week they will actually start to promote the platform. As much as I hate AT&T I have to give them credit they do push WP devices better than any other US carrier.

They get a lot of help from Microsoft in that area, something Verizon and Sprint (among other smaller carriers) have demanded Microsoft to do as well.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I visited a corporate store today and inquired about the ATIV S Neo. The rep there was very nice and said their internal forums mention 8/16 as the date and that they're surprised it still hasn't been announced yet.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well they should announce it by tomorrow evening, cause it drops this weekend. But this is Sprint & Windows Phone so it won't surprise if they don't announce it until the day before.

Swiftyrox

May 22, 2013
Visit site
THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME!! Let's Do This Thang Sprint!! My HTC Arrive is staring at me from the coffee table like it has a fatal wound and saying.."Don't worry about me...I'm not gonna make it...Just go on with out me...SAVE YOURSELF!!"...I'm gonna liken the Sprint/WP8 situation like waiting two years for Guns 'n Roses "Use Your Illusion" record to come out!! I just hope I'm not as equally disappointed!! COME ON SPRINT & SAMSUNG...LET'S RAWK!! ;o) \m/\m/

madthoughts

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling that it isn't coming out this week. I hope I'm wrong, but this is the feeling I get-- it should have been announced by now.

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I think that sprint is very clear when they want something to succeed or fail. I believe regardless of if anyone else give them marketing help they market thethings that they want to win. Yes Microsoft could come in and say "here is some great marketing support", sure Samsung could say "I?m going to make this phone the bomb . com here is some holy money to market it" butso far I haven't seen that from either. Now something as simple as a press release and a banner image on their site that shows up every so often on the home page, that takes less than a day to do and someone real unimportant in the sprint chain could do. That is why I know sprint could care less about windows phone.

There may be talk about how windows phone never supported sprint cdma tech but at this point that doesn't even matter, the phones were announced, everybody knew they were coming in "summer" but you know if they decide we are going to wait till Sept 21st, hey that is technically still summer. The lack of information is completely sprints fault and everyday drives the nail in the coffin.

I am very very frustrated with this lack of anything for this phone, which when the original was announced a year ago I was excited because I liked it and wanted to get it. Fast forward and here we are in this mess. I just would like some official information and I don?t really need anything big just what the real price is because I am not going to sign another contract with sprint, I'll just get the phone and when my other lines run their contracts we can move peacefully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster