Got the Ativ S Neo Yesterday

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
First off let me say I'm happy to finally join the WP family and say goodbye to my iphone. It's not a bad phone, but I sure as hell do not think it's anything special.

I must've called every single store yesterday in the Seattle Metropolitan area. The common answers I got was, "direct shipping only", or "we're not sure if we're getting that phone". It went as far as one Sprint rep from a flagship store bluntly saying, "doesn't look like they're really setting this phone up for success". A lot of the store reps had no idea which phone I was talking about, they mainly knew it as "that new Windows Phone", and would have to ask someone in the store about it.

I had one store take my number down just in case they happen to get any of the phones. Maybe 2-3 hours later I get a call from the rep and says they have the phone in stock, and I left the office and headed straight for that store as soon as I could, not knowing how many they would have. I show up and their is a rep, she was gorgeous btw, having everything all set up waiting for me to go. The best part, besides how hot she was, she was as excited as I was for me getting the phone. She was a huge WP8 fan, and obviously did her homework because she was already showing me features on the device. She has an HTC One and said she herself is going to get the Ativ S Neo. I mentioned to her that she's the only Sprint rep that hasn't tried to talk me out of getting a Windows Phone, trust me they all have, which she found odd. BTW, the store had pllleeeeeeeeeeeenty in stock.

Anyway as far as the phone goes I love it. I've been waiting for nearly 9 months to finally get a Windows Phone, and in that time I've read all the users comments on why they love this OS and I could not agree more. Done with the boring iOS.

As much as I'm happy I got the phone yesterday, honestly that is probably the most pathetic "launch" for a new phone I've ever seen. I bought the phone off contract, because I'm not sure about Sprint's commitment to Windows Phone, and who knows if they EOL this phone soon. No marketing, no hype, way overpriced for contract, store reps having no knowledge of the phone, store reps and customer care being argumentative that the phone doesn't have enough demand, and not having any in stock on the day it's supposed to be released. Hopefully most of you that want this phone will get it soon, but this whole process has sucked as a whole.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Why didn't you think about going to a different carrier? The T-Mobile L925 is REALLY nice, and their plans are the most affordable in the country. I unlocked my att L920, and am thinking about switching to T-Mobile soon. I don't think Sprint is really concerned with supporting WP as much as ATT/Tmobile/Verizon.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on being one of the few people to get the phone yesterday, hopefully we will all join you soon. And a Beautiful Sprint Rep which so happen to be WP8 & knew her stuff, I would've proposed but that would've been a little impulsive LoL. Congrats again.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
First off let me say I'm happy to finally join the WP family and say goodbye to my iphone. It's not a bad phone, but I sure as hell do not think it's anything special.

I must've called every single store yesterday in the Seattle Metropolitan area. The common answers I got was, "direct shipping only", or "we're not sure if we're getting that phone". It went as far as one Sprint rep from a flagship store bluntly saying, "doesn't look like they're really setting this phone up for success". A lot of the store reps had no idea which phone I was talking about, they mainly knew it as "that new Windows Phone", and would have to ask someone in the store about it.

I had one store take my number down just in case they happen to get any of the phones. Maybe 2-3 hours later I get a call from the rep and says they have the phone in stock, and I left the office and headed straight for that store as soon as I could, not knowing how many they would have. I show up and their is a rep, she was gorgeous btw, having everything all set up waiting for me to go. The best part, besides how hot she was, she was as excited as I was for me getting the phone. She was a huge WP8 fan, and obviously did her homework because she was already showing me features on the device. She has an HTC One and said she herself is going to get the Ativ S Neo. I mentioned to her that she's the only Sprint rep that hasn't tried to talk me out of getting a Windows Phone, trust me they all have, which she found odd. BTW, the store had pllleeeeeeeeeeeenty in stock.

Anyway as far as the phone goes I love it. I've been waiting for nearly 9 months to finally get a Windows Phone, and in that time I've read all the users comments on why they love this OS and I could not agree more. Done with the boring iOS.

As much as I'm happy I got the phone yesterday, honestly that is probably the most pathetic "launch" for a new phone I've ever seen. I bought the phone off contract, because I'm not sure about Sprint's commitment to Windows Phone, and who knows if they EOL this phone soon. No marketing, no hype, way overpriced for contract, store reps having no knowledge of the phone, store reps and customer care being argumentative that the phone doesn't have enough demand, and not having any in stock on the day it's supposed to be released. Hopefully most of you that want this phone will get it soon, but this whole process has sucked as a whole.

you should have got a photo of the hot rep hahaha !!!!

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Why didn't you think about going to a different carrier? The T-Mobile L925 is REALLY nice, and their plans are the most affordable in the country. I unlocked my att L920, and am thinking about switching to T-Mobile soon. I don't think Sprint is really concerned with supporting WP as much as ATT/Tmobile/Verizon.

The price I get on the family plan is pretty good. The other two lines on the plan are off contract in December, and by then I think we'll have a good idea how Sprint is going to be with WP8. That's why I bought off contract, which I'm surprised they let me. The other two lines want to leave sprint for entirely different reasons, but I think by December should be fine. So far this phone is great. Just not going to say it was worth the wait, because nobody should've waited that long.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm so jealous of you right now. :eek: Congrats anyway. I'm dying to hear about the phone, features, screen, etc from an actual user. Come on feed us unfortunate soles who are still waiting for stock.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm so jealous of you right now. :eek: Congrats anyway. I'm dying to hear about the phone, features, screen, etc from an actual user. Come on feed us unfortunate soles who are still waiting for stock.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
Amen to that! I'm itching to get one! I smell a video preview! :D [please?]

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on finding a store that actually received the phone. I did the same thing and called every store in my area and got the same type of answers you got except I never found a store that received the phone in their shipments. I ended up ordering it online and just got the shipping confirmation today. Hopefully I get it early next week so all this waiting will be over.

As others have asked, any kind of review, photos, or video would be very much appreciated.

-Skippy

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
hope you enjoy your phone. i have been using a samsung ativ s (canadian carrier unlocked from rogers now on straight talk at&t sim) for 3 months. this phone is an absolute pleasure to use! your neo is almost identical and i really think you're going to love it. congrats!

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on finding a store that actually received the phone. I did the same thing and called every store in my area and got the same type of answers you got except I never found a store that received the phone in their shipments. I ended up ordering it online and just got the shipping confirmation today. Hopefully I get it early next week so all this waiting will be over.

As others have asked, any kind of review, photos, or video would be very much appreciated.

-Skippy

Sure, but I warn you, it wont be that in depth like something Daniel will write up or anything like that.

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Ativ S today and boy oh boy does it feel substantially lighter than the arrive. Great screen, I got to compare it with an s3 and didn't see any real big difference getting used to the onscreen keyboard is not hard and overall it is great

houdini13

Jan 8, 2007
Visit site
voice mail notification still not working for me palm_forlackofchoice.

**Update** Just found out from sprint they are waiting for a hotfix from microsoft for both the neo and htc 8xt phones. No ETA! They said it will be an OTA hotfix and notified microsoft a month and a half ago. Their current workaround is to set the visual voicemail to send you an email so that when the email comes in you'll see the notification on the email tile.

This is a huge fail in my book.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa