Feedback from those who took delivery?

oudakontrol

Dec 29, 2007
Visit site
Picked up my ATIV Neo today ready for some anticipated changes from my Arrive. Unfortunately I'm fixated on a couple steps backwards...

1. I really liked the extra HTC phone settings (Attentive phone? - believe the 8xt still has this) like cranked volume while in pocket or face down for ring silence or auto-speaker phone
  2. The ring volume is absurdly low. Walking in an outdoor parking lot the phone can hardly be heard.
    1. Pretty sure this is due to the speaker being smaller than my pinky nail :eck:

Good news, my keyboard doesn't disappear anymore :cool: and music sounds great in headphones. User selectable EQ is a great addition. Still annoyed that some apps have to be repurchased for WP8 but that's no fault of the Neo.

Curious of others feedback!

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I'm not happy to hear about the low ring volume, but I'll have to live with it. I'm actually used to that as my current phone isn't all that loud anyway.

This will be my first Window's Phone device, so everything will be new for me as I'm coming from WebOS.

-Skippy

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait to actually see user reviews of this, as well as some sort of official review. I'm hoping that all comes soon. Sprint dropped the ball on the release, as I still haven't been able to get one. I don't want to order something online until I've gotten the chance to see it and play with it in a store.

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I took delivery early yesterday and have spent all day on it......I am very impressed with this phone. There is no lag. Everything loads and runs smoothly. I have two POP accounts running as well as my Outlook Exchange server for work pushing email. I have not use the internet a ton but the battery life seems very good!

Very Happy. The one thing that bothers me is the power button is on the right side of the phone and my big hands sem to keep hitting it...other than that..I have not found anything else I don't like. I came from an HTC Arrive that I ot two years ago when all of my frankenpre's died.

If you want to know something specific....ask!

Mark

Last edited:

madthoughts

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Coming from Android, there are some things to get used too. I'm a big tumblr user, and I'm disappointed Tumblr doesn't show up in share menus. Plus, if you've fallen in love with Gmail's new categories, your inbox is going to be a bit of a mess. When Gmail's categories came out, I deleted nearly all of my filters since the categories were catching everything.

Now all that stuff is in my inbox. Not the end of the world, but something to get used too.

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I took delivery early yesterday and have spent all day on it......I am very impressed with this phone. There is no lag. Everything loads and runs smoothly. I have two POP accounts running as well as my Outlook Exchange server for work pushing email. I have not use the internet a ton but the battery life seems very good!

Very Happy. The one thing that bothers me is the power button is on the right side of the phone and my big hands sem to keep hitting it...other than that..I have not found anything else I don't like. I came from an HTC Arrive that I ot two years ago when all of my frankenpre's died.

If you want to know something specific....ask!

Mark

Funny, that's what I'm currently using, a frankenpre, which is still running strong. My Neo says "Out for Delivery", so I'm hoping to hear a knock at my door any minute.

I'll probably know before you get a chance to respond to this, but is it as blue as the pictures show?

-Skippy

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
From the unboxing, I noticed that the power button has been lowered compared to where it is on the ATIV S. It's likely to compensate for the speaker now being moved next to the camera. Other than that, it's a slick looking device. I think I prefer the blue to the silver/aluminum-ish look.

oudakontrol

Dec 29, 2007
Visit site
Seeing a lot of different feedback on the phone... mostly positive. Have seen nothing regarding the dismal ring volume I'm experiencing. I've placed my volume at 15 on my Neo to produce the same sound at 5 from my Arrive... with the same ring tone.

Any additional feedback on ring volume?

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you got a slightly defective device if your ring volume is that messed up. I'd probably get that looked into through Samsung (because we all know Sprint won't even know what to do with it).

flyedf

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for about a day. upgraded from ancient htc touch, so I thought it was going to be too big, but size is just right. Feels a little thin though. put a small dent on a corner on a slide off a picnic table onto concrete. got the leather flip case from ebay, but it doesn't fit this ativ. camera, power, vol rocker have been moved, and don't forget about new speaker too. had to dremel case just to get it to work in the meantime.

overall, I'm happy with the phone. os runs real smooth. syncs well with various emails, and outlook.com is very good. screen is great, loaded some photos from w7pc with impressive results. battery life is good, but too early to tell. nice that we can always replace it. 4g where I live is 7-10mb down and 6up. my ring vol is low too and footballers tip helped. The vibration can be removed from the back and search buttons - read that this wasn't possible with other wp8 phones.

oudakontrol

Dec 29, 2007
Visit site
Try this: Go into Settings --> SoundAlive and change the value to "User." Leave the default settings. I noticed that brought my sound volume up.

Ya, I've tried playing with the settings. I'm sure it's a software thing because my alarm BLARES at 15, much like my Arrive did. Can't quite figure out why the same volume setting is two different levels... Will try to visit the store to play with their demo to test side by side before escalating to Samsung (which agreed qhendricks, is definitely the right move).

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Jessica did mess up that the HTC 8XT also had a MicroSD slot, she said it didn't...hopefully she'll correct her mistake. The heavy comment is just weird.

houdini13

Jan 8, 2007
Visit site
Ok so overall I like the phone and think I'll really enjoy it after one major thing gets fixed:

I'm not getting voicemail notifications! Sprint has a serious issue right now with their visual voicemail app. A lot of people aren't getting notifications and you don't know you have a voicemail unless you open up the visual voicemail app. Apparently the htc 8xt device is having the same issue.
**Update** Just found out from sprint they are waiting for a hotfix from microsoft for both phones. No ETA! PFF! They said it will be an OTA hotfix and notified microsoft a month and a half ago. Wow! Their current workaround is to set the visual voicemail to send you an email so that when the email comes in you'll see the notification on the email tile. I can't believe they released the neo when they knew voicemail notification wouldn't work.

Also, it seems I can't purchase a good fitted screen protector for the device yet. Sprint sent me some generic ones that don't even cover the full screen. I had to use two pieces. Skinomi lists them on their website but I don't think they're even made yet. I ordered the other day and today they told me 7-10 business days before shipping. Pff!

I did try out the body glove case from sprint. For $19.99 it wasn't bad and fits nicely to protect everything but the screen.

I was worried that I wouldn't like the tft screen versus superamoled but I'm very happy so far. It looks great and is fine in direct sunlight. Very crisp and bright.

The phone seems very fast and I haven't noticed any lag.

BTW, my ringer seems plenty loud enough.

Last edited:

Swiftyrox

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey Everybody....Just thought I would offer a friendly suggestion. I know there aren't any case options out there for the Neo, outside of the Body Glove one Sprint is offering. It's that, or take to a Dremel tool to modify an original Ativ S case. If you're looking for some temporary protection for the phone while you are in transit, or like to toss your phone in a laptop bag. I found one from BestBuy that will do the trick. It's the Rocketfish Leather Hip Case (For Larger Handsets)...I think it ran me about $25. I have both the Neo and HTC 8X and this case fits both my phones. In fact, I have an Otterbox Commuter case on my 8X, and it still fits. It's a slim pouch, and has a "felt" type liner to protect the screen from scratches...At any rate...If you're in the market for something temporarily or whatever...just thought I would put this out there for everyone's information: I attached a pic...Hope everyone is enjoying their Neo like I am!! Peace ;o) \m/\m/

Rocketfish Mobile Leather Hip Case for Android Mobile Phones RF-UL2BL - Best Buy

Rocketfish.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro