my dremel 'd $7 hard flip case

flyedf

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
For some strange reason the seller raised the price on the case from $7 shipped to $16, BUT this case is for the ativ s and not the ativ S neo from sprint. And yes you do have to dremel it to make it work, and even then, the phone isn't held tightly. I bought mine on Aug-18. The flap cover is solid, and will protect the screen nicely.

FOR Samsung Ativ S T899M GT I8750 Hard Flip Case Screen Protector OB121BK01 | eBay

IMG_1083.jpgIMG_1084.jpgIMG_1085.jpgIMG_1086.jpgIMG_1088.jpg
I pulled the inside of the flap (cover) out and glued it on the outside b/c it had some thickness and I wanted the phone to seat in the plastic back as much as possible. I'll put blue painters tape over the camera and flash holes b/c I don't use them much. But even if you don't tape them up, at least the camera window won't get get scratched (as much) when you lay the phone down on its back. My previous smart phone (htc touch) had a full metal case with a hinged screen cover and both survived nasty drops for several years - phone still works today. This case is not the same ruggedness, but it'll do until someone makes a hard case made for the ativ s neo. IMG_1090.jpg

this seller has the white version for $7 shipped. So get out the dremels :sweaty: The good news is the plastic is very soft.
FOR Samsung Ativ S T899M GT I8750 Hard Shell Flip Case W Screen Protector | eBay

flyedf

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
no other choices right now. this is an example of function over form. or quick dremel work :shocked: as long as you don't see the hacked back, it's all good b/c it retains the clean look of the phone vs. wrapping it in a rubber or plastic case. I suppose one can take more time and do a better job, but I needed the phone for work right away. I'll take a hacked $7 case over a scratched or wrecked phone any day. I thought about using a holster type case, but I guarantee a slip and fall will happen. The elegant look of this phone yields a thin, smooth and slippery case. When using it as a gps/nav, the leathery flip cover gives you much more area to hold it by one hand.

mgfootballer

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Body Glove case that the Sprint stores were selling and love it. The only downfall is that the buttons are hard to press because of the size.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb