Ativ S Neo updated to GDR3

ronteral2k

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Question: in GDR2 for the S Neo for some stupid reason they removed the option for group texting from the messaging settings. Is it available in the GDR3 update?

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Question: in GDR2 for the S Neo for some stupid reason they removed the option for group texting from the messaging settings. Is it available in the GDR3 update?

I don't see it. I never used it, so it doesn't bother me much, but I can understand how others who did use it would be upset about it. I haven't seen any sort of group test settings.

mgfootballer

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
When people on other devices send a group message to the Neo, it only comes as a single text message so you cant reply to the whole group. It is very annoying, I don't know why the Neo doesn't have the group text option...

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I like not replying to all. I hate iPhone users who reply to all on text messages. Then my phone gets bombed with messages from unknown numbers.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I ususally try to stay away from utilities like this as it reminds me of all the stuff you need to manage your Android phone(task killers, etc.) like you said, more harm than good since it's constantly checking the battery.

No, it's not constantly checking the battery. This is not Android. The OS checks the battery already every so often. All the battery apps do is read the OS's records and report/record them.

Vistascan, give your phone a soft reset and then give the battery level time to get its eye in. It'll be an inaccurate estimate is all.

lordicarus

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
Anyone else unable to modify roaming options inside cellular after the update? My roaming options are completely disabled and the drop down boxes are grayed out so they can't be modified with a notice to contact the provider.

MichaelLopez

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I got the GDR3 update also but the problem for me is when I check on my phone's storage it shows that I have 0 bytes of app, games, documents, maps. Is anyone else having the same problem? Here is a screenshot:
wp_ss_20131026_0001.png

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
How can I become a developer?
I think you can become one by signing up for Microsoft's App Studio. It's free, and I believe that by linking your account to it, you are considered a developer. I do not know what countries the App Studio is open for, so your best bet is to go to the App Studio website.

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I did find a problem to the GDR3 update. No problems at first, but I went ahead and did a factory reset, just to test out the setup process with wi-fi (works well btw). BUT I NOW HAVE A MASSIVE PROBLEM!!!! My roaming capabilities are disabled. I see a message saying to contact my carrier to enable roaming. I've done a prl update as well as using ## commands to reset the cellular radio without wiping the phone. I've even done a second factory reset. NO DICE. I've lost roaming. My only thought is if I can get my MSL and go into the debug utility, perhaps I can re-enable it there. Any thoughts?

lordicarus

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
Ok. I did find a problem to the GDR3 update. No problems at first, but I went ahead and did a factory reset, just to test out the setup process with wi-fi (works well btw). BUT I NOW HAVE A MASSIVE PROBLEM!!!! My roaming capabilities are disabled. I see a message saying to contact my carrier to enable roaming. I've done a prl update as well as using ## commands to reset the cellular radio without wiping the phone. I've even done a second factory reset. NO DICE. I've lost roaming. My only thought is if I can get my MSL and go into the debug utility, perhaps I can re-enable it there. Any thoughts?

Finally someone with the same problem. Does your screen look like this? It's driving me nuts, I need roaming. No form of hard reset can fix it and there is no way to roll back the update that I know of. Supposedly this has to do with some OMA setting that needs to be updated by Sprint, we'll see what happens if they ever roll out an official update.

wp_ss_20131016_0001.png

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Finally someone with the same problem. Does your screen look like this? It's driving me nuts, I need roaming. No form of hard reset can fix it and there is no way to roll back the update that I know of. Supposedly this has to do with some OMA setting that needs to be updated by Sprint, we'll see what happens if they ever roll out an official update.

View attachment 49310

My screen does not look like this. I can change my roaming settings at will and have in fact played with them multiple times since installing GDR3. Glad mine work as I was in Alaska last week and there was no Sprint coverage anywhere. I roamed the whole time and Sprint is footing the bill for all the calls and data I used.

lordicarus

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
My screen does not look like this. I can change my roaming settings at will and have in fact played with them multiple times since installing GDR3. Glad mine work as I was in Alaska last week and there was no Sprint coverage anywhere. I roamed the whole time and Sprint is footing the bill for all the calls and data I used.

Can you confirm your exact version number? I wonder if I am running something different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers