Just curious. I have played with it a few times, and I have noticed it sits fairly out in the open at most AT&T stores out there. It isn't free on contract, so it just made me wonder if it was a success. Most of our threads here are for the Sprint version. But I loved my Focus S, and would love to see Samsung put out a good device.

Any users here? If so, what are your thoughts? That 4.8" display nice? Is Sammy showing it any love at all? Miss any exclusive apps?

A sucker has to know. And I am a sucker.
    02-03-2014 12:57 AM
    I dont know about the at&t version. I own the TELUS version and love it. Its an awesome phone. It fell out of my pocket and spent and hr in snow and ice. I was beside myself.
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-08-2014 04:19 AM
    By the post, I am guessing it survived?

Hope so. I know when I finally killed my Focus S from repeated drops, I mourned for weeks. Just killed me.
    02-11-2014 06:16 PM
    Honestly, I dont think many people who know what Windows Phone is would spring for a Samsung when a comparable 920 is there. But thats just my take.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    02-11-2014 07:02 PM
    Honestly, I dont think many people who know what Windows Phone is would spring for a Samsung when a comparable 920 is there. But thats just my take.
    Except there are numerous Samsung Windows Phone users. Oops.
    02-11-2014 07:27 PM
    The only windows phone available at the time for me was the Samsung. Now I'm glad I got it.
    The phone itself is much better in the hand than the Nokia, its blazing fast and looks like a phone and not a toy.

I just bought another for my wife to replace her Nokia. Got it used and unlocked from a friend for a great price.

YEs, thankfully my ativ survived its ice bath. Thank got it was -24c at the time.
    02-12-2014 04:14 AM
    I do understand. But in most AT&T stores, there it sits- out in the open. Not free on contract. By now, you would think it would be to move units.

Besides, I can't help myself. Habits die hard. Want to see Sammy do well on WP.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    02-12-2014 07:44 PM
    The only windows phone available at the time for me was the Samsung. Now I'm glad I got it.
    The phone itself is much better in the hand than the Nokia, its blazing fast and looks like a phone and not a toy.

I just bought another for my wife to replace her Nokia. Got it used and unlocked from a friend for a great price.

YEs, thankfully my ativ survived its ice bath. Thank got it was -24c at the time.

One less dead cell phone story!!! Score!!!
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-12-2014 07:45 PM
    [INFO][/INFO]
    I do understand. But in most AT&T stores, there it sits- out in the open. Not free on contract. By now, you would think it would be to move units.

Besides, I can't help myself. Habits die hard. Want to see Sammy do well on WP.
    Despite the misinformation going about regarding Samsung not supporting their devices, they've done a nice job with both the ATIV S and ATIV S Neo.
    02-12-2014 07:55 PM
    Despite the misinformation going about regarding Samsung not supporting their devices, they've done a nice job with both the ATIV S and ATIV S Neo.
    They did a good job with updates on my Focus S. A couple of firmware updates, they brought a couple more exclusive apps to the store and updated the ones that were there as well.

Only real mark against them was never releasing 7.8 "officially" for it. Which isn't that mch of a black mark, as I think only the Nokia 900 actually got it. But overall, I think Sammy did a decent job of support.

Way better then anything HTC did for WP7 owners. (HTC has done better supporting their WP8 phones.)
    Matthew Becker1 likes this.
    02-13-2014 04:40 PM
    Just picked up another ativ to replace my wife's Nokia Lumia 520. Soooooooo much nicer.
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-13-2014 09:33 PM
    Only real mark against them was never releasing 7.8 "officially" for it. Which isn't that mch of a black mark, as I think only the Nokia 900 actually got it. But overall, I think Sammy did a decent job of support.
    I remember getting 7.8 for my LG Quantum C900B. It was a nice touch. :)
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-14-2014 08:57 AM
    ME ME ME !!!! i have one and i love it ( mms issue right now) check out my video i posted on youtube
    its under danielm samsung ativ s neo with dp 8.1
    xandros9 and snowmutt like this.
    08-18-2014 02:04 PM
    This has to be one of my all-time favorite phones. It's very comfy to handle. Nice looking screen, great battery life, decent speaker, and the OS goes without saying.
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-19-2014 11:27 PM
    Ativ S Neo owner here running Developers Preview
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-20-2014 07:58 AM
    Ativ S Neo owner here running Developers Preview

​Same here.
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-20-2014 10:18 AM
    Okay, I hadn't checked these threads in a while, so I am surprised and happy to see this is still lively here.

You know, I almost got a new Neo, until I found a new L920 cheaper then it and I couldn't say no.

Is it stupid to admit that at the time I felt I would regret it, and now I truly wish I had paid the extra and got the Neo? I thought the screen was better, I love the button placement better, and the phone was more comfortable to hold. Most everyone says the Neo has great battery life while my L920 isn't bad, but it sure ain't great.

Nokia/MS support sure will be better over the life of the device, but honestly I kinda don't care. Just liked the stinking phone a little better.

Sigh.......
    08-23-2014 12:03 AM
    Hello everyone. Headed back to my Ativ S Neo for awhile I think. Any information about upgrading to 8.1 dev preview that I should know about this phone before I take the plunge tonight? I've read some godo and bad about doing it on this phone but I really don't think Sammy is going to upgrade this phone because Sammy has a history of not supporting phones that are more than 6 months old (grrrr). Anyway, just wondering if anyone could gie me a solid walkthrough that they've used to do the dev prev update or anything they've run into after doing so. Reading a lot of people with MMS issues after the update. Anyone here? LOVE this phone. I've had several Lumias since I've had the Ativ in my drawer but I dont like any of them as much. Just feels awesome in the hand, fast, and is a beautiful phone. Thanks in advance. Glad there are others out there using this phone!
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-29-2014 01:32 PM
    Hello everyone. Headed back to my Ativ S Neo for awhile I think. Any information about upgrading to 8.1 dev preview that I should know about this phone before I take the plunge tonight? I've read some godo and bad about doing it on this phone but I really don't think Sammy is going to upgrade this phone because Sammy has a history of not supporting phones that are more than 6 months old (grrrr). Anyway, just wondering if anyone could gie me a solid walkthrough that they've used to do the dev prev update or anything they've run into after doing so. Reading a lot of people with MMS issues after the update. Anyone here? LOVE this phone. I've had several Lumias since I've had the Ativ in my drawer but I dont like any of them as much. Just feels awesome in the hand, fast, and is a beautiful phone. Thanks in advance. Glad there are others out there using this phone!
    From 8.0, get your phone to your liking. Then upgrade to DP. NEVER do a hard reset after you update or you'll lose your operator settings. Even entering the settings manually will only regain you partial data functionality. You'll be able to do everything that requires data except use the built in messaging app to receive MMS. Send will work fine.
    08-30-2014 06:32 PM
    I'm using 8.1 udate 1 or whatever it is called and phone works great.
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-31-2014 11:30 PM
    So like Sprint nobody with the Neo has received the 8.1 update either?
    09-18-2014 03:42 PM
    I have the update but only through the developer preview.
    09-23-2014 04:44 PM