Sprint update 2/4/2014

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Not available for my phone yet. Tried checking a couple of times so far this morning.

I am running the Dev Preview but I assume that won't make a difference. Sprint says it is a phased rollout and, poor me, I am not on the front end of that rollout.

EDIT: Update downloading now! Over 4G and not WiFi.

EDIT 2: Installing.....

Last edited:

bdattilo

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Received and installed the update. Looks like the issue that caused the phone to not wake up after taking a picture has been fixed!

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Data Sense is showing 183 MBs used for System Updates. I'm surprised this was able to download over 4G at that size. I am not noticing anything different, but I guess I wouldn't expect to as I was already on the Dev Preview.

OS Version: 8.0.10521.155
Firmware: 2216.14.01.2
Radio Software: 1621.14.1.2

vistascan32

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get it until now. It's currently installing hopefully it goes smoothly.

Update: It gave me a notice about not being able to migrate my data.... and wiped my phone. Looks like I'll be restoring from a backup.

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get it until now. It's currently installing hopefully it goes smoothly.

Update: It gave me a notice about not being able to migrate my data.... and wiped my phone. Looks like I'll be restoring from a backup.

Was you memory pretty much full at the time of this update? I know that happened to me on my Lumia 920. I expected to have a problem and sure enough, I did because of a lack of enough free space to do the actual update.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I was able to confirm with a source of mine that works for Sprint that this February update for the ATIV S Neo was STRICTLY a firmware update. He sent me a snapshot of the Sprint document detailing the update and no mention of 'Update 3' (GDR3) was mentioned. It seems that sprint.com erroneously mentioned GDR3, as that mention as also been pulled from the sprint.com support page. I have images of both linked here -

Update document -
VB2AYdIl.jpg

Updated Sprint.com support listing (you can see the 'last updated' date was dated three days after the image in the original post) -

8K9HEXN.png

premsta

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I saw the prompt indicating an update was available...it updated without a hitch over cellular. I was soooo hoping it was GDR3. Imagine my disappointment. Why? Sprint? The HTC 8XT on Sprint has been updated to GDR3. The Ativ S Neo on AT&T started out with GDR3. This is downright frustrating!

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
From what I know, it seems Samsung has their own proprietary drivers for their CDMA radios. The hold up with GDR3 is because Samsung is in the process of rewriting their drivers for proper compatibility with GDR3 and the upcoming 8.1 update. Once Samsung is ready, Sprint will release the update... so currently the hold up is with Samsung.

HTC's 8XT has GDR3 because HTC uses the standard Qualcomm CDMA radio.. Samsung uses their own homemade (but Qualcomm certified) CDMA radio and drivers.

AT&T's ATIV Neo was preloaded with GDR3 because the drivers and code for GSM were already compatible.

flyedf

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
did mine about 12hrs ago. installed smoothly. phone storage went from 7.1gb used to 6.5gb. maybe it cleared out some deleted apps.

shifuimam

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Before I do the update (my phone keeps bugging me about it) - can anyone confirm 100% that this WON'T break interop-unlock and the other jailbreak type things that go along with that?

flyedf

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
before update, hardly ever came close to running out of battery. now seems to drain a lot more. no change in use, other then update

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
before update, hardly ever came close to running out of battery. now seems to drain a lot more. no change in use, other then update
I found that after an update, certain apps had started running in the background again, even though I had blocked them. Perhaps check to see what you have running in the background and disable apps that can be hard on the battery? WhatsApp, if you have it, is known to really drain the juice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa