The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hey guys I am having a one issue with my Ativ S Neo and I am unsure what I should do to solve the issue.

So my issue is that whenever I am connected to my WiFi my phone works perfectly fine and has no issues, but as soon as I connect to my 3g/4g data with no WiFi connection my phone tends to lag a bit. To give you an idea of what kind of lag I am facing: when I open an app it will open just like any other app but it will freeze to a black background and just show the name of the app while it seems to be opening. Another issue is when I am typing on my keyboard it will freeze on a certain key and sometimes it will bring up the alternatives so like if I am typing and hit the A key and it freezes it will show all the alternatives for A. Also when I play games there are some small lags throughout the game caused by this issue. I been trying to figure out when this lag happens and I think it is whenever my phone switches from 3g to 4g service but I am unsure. Again this issue only happens when I am not connected to my WiFi. Also when I open a text message thread the phone dims really low then goes back to it's normal brightness... It is set to auto brightness so I haven't tested this one with just a standard brightness level.

A few trouble shooting that I did was: I thought it was my SD card at first, because I have a 32 gb PNY micro sd card and it was a class 10. I took it out for a bit and at first I thought I solved the issue but it continued to happen. I thought it might be an app so I deleted all my apps including my games and it still happens. I can't really figure out what the issue is so I think it might be an issue with my actual phone. I was thinking about waiting till Windows Phone 8.1 to see if the issue will be fixed with an update. I have also done a hard reset using the reset option in the about settings in the phone along with the button combination, but still seems no way to solve it. I am pretty lost about what to actually do with the phone. I am unsure if anyone else has a similar issue, but maybe if one of you do hopefully knows the issue to fix it with.. I can record the issue if need be so just let me know.

Anyway I appreciate any help and thanks in advance
    03-22-2014 04:51 PM
    Sounds like an issue with your carrier. Sprint?
    03-22-2014 04:59 PM
    Yeah I have Sprint. I am thinking about taking it to one of the service centers
    03-22-2014 05:02 PM
    It's a Sprint issue.
    03-22-2014 11:51 PM
    Sprint in my area has extremely poor coverage. Were you using Sprint without problems before you got the Ativ?
    Last edited by mary beth hale; 03-23-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    03-23-2014 09:36 AM
    Sprint in my area has extremely poor coverage. Were you using Sprint without problems before you got the Ativ?
    never had issues with my HTC Arrive, and I didn't have issues with my Ativ S Neo for about a week that I had it so I guess it really does make sense it is a sprint issue
    03-23-2014 01:15 PM
    Just an update I got a new phone from Sprint, but after reading about some issues with Skype and Windows Phone 8 I decided to uninstall it and the phone works beautifully. So yeah I guess I will try Skype again when I update to Windows Phone 8.1
    04-09-2014 12:15 AM