The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-31-2014 02:48 PM
30 12
tools
    I read in one of the sprint forums, that sprint is not upgrading the neo. Due to lack of interest. And I just bought mine 2 weeks ago.
    As for whether an ATIV S Neo on Sprint will actually receive the 8.1... Microsoft, Samsung, and Sprint have all pointed to one or two of the other three anytime someone asks.

So what will Sprint tell you about how they feel about the ATIV S Neo and whether it will be updated? They wont say officially theyre not going to update it. Butwhile you can still find the ATIV S Neo on their website, it wasnt selling well in the spring, and they recalled all of them from their retail stores by June (so several sales reps told me). The HTC 8XT that was also supposedly going to be updated to 8.1 by the end of the summer is nowhere to be found. So whats that tell you?

Maybe you'll still find some, but the retail, employee store, and telesales told me they've been recalled due to lack of sales.

So I'm not optimistic about seeing the update anytime soon.
    Last edited by wphokie; 12-22-2014 at 02:48 PM.
    10-16-2014 09:57 PM
    Its the carrier who decides when your update should be issued. I know its frustrating. :(
    Yes. This. ^

There are probably people somewhere in Microsoft, and especially Samsung due to the firmware that a carrier has requested, that know what's coming. But it's not their place to speculate on availability or timeframes, as it's ultimately up to Sprint as to what they will release and support on their network and when. Sprint needs to test the update before release, and trust me, that takes time. Point is: Sprint knows whether an update is being tested, it's just the people who do the testing aren't customer-facing. And the product team apparently hasn't provided any updates to customer care, which they won't unless they were positive an update was testing successfully and would be released. So that's why you keep getting the canned answers from their forums.
    10-16-2014 10:18 PM
    So what will Sprint tell you about how they feel about the ATIV S Neo and whether it will be updated? They won’t say officially they’re not going to update it. But—while you can still find the ATIV S Neo on their website, it wasn’t selling well in the spring, and they recalled all of them from their retail stores by June (so several sales reps told me). The HTC 8XT that was also supposedly going to be updated to 8.1 by the end of the summer is nowhere to be found. So… what’s that tell you?
    They have not pulled them from all the stores. I saw it in a corporate Sprint store just a couple of weeks ago. Alongside the 8Xt.
    10-24-2014 01:04 PM
    That's not entirely true, they have been helpful on two occasions. When it comes to the update though there's no point in asking them, they are too low on the totem pole.
    10-27-2014 04:54 PM
    We see that Samsung updated Ativ s to 8.1 GR 1. I doubt that there are working on the update for the Samsung ativ S neo. The interest on the phone is there.
    10-31-2014 02:48 PM
30 12