So, I just got an unlocked (AT&T) Ativ S Neo and after setting it up I tried to enable internet sharing but it didn't seem to work. I get an error when I try to enable it "Internet Sharing isn't currently available".

I also have a Samsung Focus (which is also an unlocked AT&T variant) and internet sharing works fine on it using the same SIM card.

I'm on WP 8.0 using a T-Mobile SIM card.

Any ideas? I used the forum search and got nothing!

Forgot to add, cellular data is working fine and I'm getting 4G speed.
    07-31-2014 08:42 PM
    So, I just got an unlocked (AT&T) Ativ S Neo and after setting it up I tried to enable internet sharing but it didn't seem to work. I get an error when I try to enable it "Internet Sharing isn't currently available".

I also have a Samsung Focus (which is also an unlocked AT&T variant) and internet sharing works fine on it using the same SIM card.

I'm on WP 8.0 using a T-Mobile SIM card.

Any ideas? I used the forum search and got nothing!
    Are you looking to tether you mean and share its internet connection?
    07-31-2014 08:43 PM
    Are you looking to tether you mean and share its internet connection?
    Yes, I'm trying to use my Ativ as a hotspot.
    07-31-2014 08:47 PM
    I use tether x from the app store works good if you follow directions but limited amount of data unless you buy the pro version
    07-31-2014 08:48 PM
    As for by passing that I dont think you can I have the same issue with my at&t 920
    07-31-2014 08:48 PM
    As for by passing that I dont think you can I have the same issue with my at&t 920
    That's disappointing, I have a L521 and still can't use that to tether either, yet my WP 7.8 devices have no problem tethering.

I've come across Tether-X when I was trying to fix Internet Sharing in my L521 but never had time to mess with Tether-X.
    07-31-2014 08:53 PM
    Yeah sorry I dont have a better answer....the issue I have with mine is because the previous owner didn't unlock tethering on the phone before the took it off contract and at&t wont enable it for my plan so I must use tether x.....it sets up an ad-hoc network which you should be able to connect your other computers to your laptop or PC that has the adhoc set up

Like I said tho the pro version allows unlimited data but free does not
    07-31-2014 08:55 PM
    Yeah sorry I dont have a better answer....the issue I have with mine is because the previous owner didn't unlock tethering on the phone before the took it off contract and at&t wont enable it for my plan so I must use tether x.....it sets up an ad-hoc network which you should be able to connect your other computers to your laptop or PC that has the adhoc set up

Like I said tho the pro version allows unlimited data but free does not
    Thanks anyway.

I'm loving almost everything about the Ativ but the issue with tethering is a huge let down. I might return it because of this.
    07-31-2014 09:00 PM
    Idk if this was obvious or not, but if its at&t and you have a contract with them they will.enable it but you have to have an account and their SIM at minimum....you might be able to borrow a friends SIM but still need an account with them. Good luck!
    Jaffer Alawi likes this.
    07-31-2014 09:03 PM