Has anyone updated their S Neo to WP 8.1 Update (GDR1)?

Jaffer Alawi

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So GDR1 just rolled out today and I was wondering if anyone here has already updated to Update 1? I just updated to 8.1 last night and my finger is itching to upgrade to GDR1 but since I just bought this phone like a week ago I don't want to risk bricking my phone in case the update doesn't go well. So I'm basically asking if there's someone who's braver than me and willing to take one for the team (i.e. Team S Neo Owners)! :S

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
seems to be good for me right now.. I just updated but no issues aside from the fact that if you restart it still puts your ringtone to Over the Horizon.. but I will keep you informed

Jaffer Alawi

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
seems to be good for me right now.. I just updated but no issues aside from the fact that if you restart it still puts your ringtone to Over the Horizon.. but I will keep you informed

Thanks for the info. How is the general performance of the phone? Has it become faster, slower, or the same? I don't think I can wait any longer! But I'll try to hold up for another hour...hopefully! xD

Jaffer Alawi

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. How is the general performance of the phone? Has it become faster, slower, or the same? I don't think I can wait any longer! But I'll try to hold up for another hour...hopefully! xD

I actually couldn't wait more than 5 minutes and then updated to GDR1! I never liked having folders in my start screen but the implementation in GDR1 is actually great and I'm liking it. Performance is still the same so far. I haven't tested everything yet.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Glad to hear Team S Neo is not having issues so far. I forgot my phone this morning so I'll be updating it tonight while sipping on a cold one.

Bruce Lofland

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't get it downloaded because it says it needs 1.02 GB to download. I have moved everything to my SD car, here I have plenty f space, but I can't get that much on my one storage. Of the 14.7 GB of usable phone storage 13.7 GB is taken up by "System" files that I can't delete. I have deleted as much temporary and app storage as it will let me. I even used Storage Cleaner to get my "other" files down to about 20 MB.
I have 8.1, but not GDR1. Is anyone else having problems with phone storage on their ATIV S Neo? How are you able to download such a big update?

Jaffer Alawi

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't get it downloaded because it says it needs 1.02 GB to download. I have moved everything to my SD car, here I have plenty f space, but I can't get that much on my one storage. Of the 14.7 GB of usable phone storage 13.7 GB is taken up by "System" files that I can't delete. I have deleted as much temporary and app storage as it will let me. I even used Storage Cleaner to get my "other" files down to about 20 MB.
I have 8.1, but not GDR1. Is anyone else having problems with phone storage on their ATIV S Neo? How are you able to download such a big update?

In most cases, a hard reset would solve this BUT it's not an option with the S Neo right now since a lot of people faced problems with MMS/APN settings after performing a hard reset while they were on WP8.1 DP. When I upgraded to Update 1 I already had around 9GB free so I haven't faced any space-related issues.

Another thing, if you manage to solve this and update to GDR1, DO NOT install the Live Lock Screen App it causes "Resuming" issues when locking and unlocking the phone.

CoachLinton

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone that has successfully updated have any of their specs from before the update or even some after? I'm on Sprint (US) with the Neo and I'm debating doing the rollback since it is a known issue with Sprint losing data connection or MMS. When it was my older phones, it didn't matter much, I would just flash a new ROM and go, but this one is now under my corporate plan and such a hassle to try and replace if something dramatic goes wrong.

I'm currently showing:
Firmware:2216.14.01.2
Radio:1621.14.1.2

My phone is Dev and Interop Unlocked with only a few minor modification done with the SamWP8 Tool.

Any feedback would be a great help.

Jaffer Alawi

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone that has successfully updated have any of their specs from before the update or even some after? I'm on Sprint (US) with the Neo and I'm debating doing the rollback since it is a known issue with Sprint losing data connection or MMS. When it was my older phones, it didn't matter much, I would just flash a new ROM and go, but this one is now under my corporate plan and such a hassle to try and replace if something dramatic goes wrong.

I'm currently showing:

My phone is Dev and Interop Unlocked with only a few minor modification done with the SamWP8 Tool.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot before updating. I don't think this will be of any use since I have the At&t version but here's my phone info after the update anyways:

OS version: 8.10.14147.180
Firmware: 3.1.1.0
Radio: 0321.13.8.4

CoachLinton

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot before updating. I don't think this will be of any use since I have the At&t version but here's my phone info after the update anyways:

OS version: 8.10.14147.180
Firmware: 3.1.1.0
Radio: 0321.13.8.4

Yeah, ATT and Sprint numbers never match up. Thanks for following up.

I just really can't figure out why I'm getting the temporary error. Not the f one but the other one and I've tried everything up to the point of hard reset and I'm just really wary with the way that Sprint has been lately to just flash the i800 ROM.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently showing:

My Ativ S Neo on Sprint after GDR1:
Firmware: 2216.14.01.2(This will be the same since we haven't had any FW updates yet)
Radio SW: 1621.14.1.2

Hope this helps.

houdini13

Jan 8, 2007
Visit site
Liking the new update but I cannot activate cortana from lock screen. I have the speech over lock turned on. From lock screen, when I hold down the search button, nothing happens. No tone, nothing. Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05