8.1 on Samsung ATIV S NEO?

NuAngel

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It's got to be with the Samsung drivers... Did you try it again? Any progress?

I credited you with providing the files I put on my website, and I wrote very thorough step-by-step instructions - and if people view the comments, I even provided a link to a second set of drivers (those included with Kies).

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for your info. I just got my phone up and running again with the DP and sprints firmware update. About time. Thanks again!

Rod Iron

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I cannot get it to work. I tried installing the USB drive before and after the re-flash tool and he start button never activates. Also every time I plug the phone in I get a strange tone.

I have Win 7 64 bit does that make a difference?

Seems my laptop isn't recognizing the phone when it's in download mode.

screen.jpg

Last edited:

NuAngel

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Well I cannot get it to work. I tried installing the USB drive before and after the re-flash tool and he start button never activates. Also every time I plug the phone in I get a strange tone.

I have Win 7 64 bit does that make a difference?

Seems my laptop isn't recognizing the phone when it's in download mode.

View attachment 91872

Windows 7 users seem to have better luck with the driver included with Kies. You can download just the driver here: http://nuangel.net/pcdownloads/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

This was discussed in the comments of the article where I give step-by-step instructions for the solution: FIXED! Sprint ATIV S Neo Developer Preview 8.1 Unable to Activate after Reset | NuAngel.net

NuAngel

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Sprint's 20gb share plan, my internet sharing isn't blocked. Both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi sharing work on my plan.

grmjdavis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has tried a hard reset on the official 8.1 update, but I did one today and lost my data and MMS, same problem that people were having with the DP. I had rolled back to 8.0 and then downloaded the official Sprint update. I didn't re-enroll in the DP so everything should have been stock Sprint software and firmware. I'm rolling back to 8.0 again and will try and move forward a second time.

NuAngel

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh man, how miserable. I actually haven't had to do a hard reset since I rolled back to 8.0 and applied the Sprint 8.1 -- thanks for letting people know there might still be a problem with hard resets!

After updating to Sprint's 8.1, did you re-enroll in the Developer Preview and download any additional updates?

grmjdavis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I did not reinstall/re-enroll in the developer preview after my initial rollback and subsequent update to the official 8.1 release. I was having issues with my phone not ringing sometimes so I did a hard reset. That is when I lost mobile data. Rolling back and upgrading again seems to have fixed both issues.

EricLogsdon

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I tried to use NuAngel's procedure to re-flash my phone firmware. I downloaded the package an un-rared it on my Windows 7 computer and installed the Samsung drivers (successfully). I put my phone in download mode and plugged it into the computer. Windows 7 says it isn't a recognized device. Needless to say I can't reflash the phone.

Any suggestions?

(for what it's worth, the USB doesn't recognize it on any computer even in non-download mode.)

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use NuAngel's procedure to re-flash my phone firmware. I downloaded the package an un-rared it on my Windows 7 computer and installed the Samsung drivers (successfully). I put my phone in download mode and plugged it into the computer. Windows 7 says it isn't a recognized device. Needless to say I can't reflash the phone.

Any suggestions?

(for what it's worth, the USB doesn't recognize it on any computer even in non-download mode.)

I had the same issue. What worked for me was to go into Device Manager, right click on the Ativ S Neo icon, and select Troubleshoot. From there it indicated it needed to install new drivers, so I clicked Apply Fix and it fixed the problem.

-Skippy

EricLogsdon

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Skippy. If I open device manager it is listed as "Unknown USB Device)". There is no troubleshoot option. If tried right-clicking and select update driver software, it tells me the driver is up to date (using search Windows update) or Windows can't verify if this is the right driver if I brose the drivers and choose the Samsung mobile USB Composite device.

This USB problem was the reason I did the system reset to begin with. It began after one of the pfd updates to 8.1.

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Skippy. If I open device manager it is listed as "Unknown USB Device)". There is no troubleshoot option. If tried right-clicking and select update driver software, it tells me the driver is up to date (using search Windows update) or Windows can't verify if this is the right driver if I brose the drivers and choose the Samsung mobile USB Composite device.

This USB problem was the reason I did the system reset to begin with. It began after one of the pfd updates to 8.1.

So you got it up and running?

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, not the same issue I had then. Not sure what to tell you. Maybe try to find the drivers and manually install them, then plug the phone back in and see if it recognizes it as the Ativ S Neo.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

-Skippy

NuAngel

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
See the comments on the bottom of my page, there is a 2nd driver which seems to work more reliably for Windows 7 users instead of the driver included, which seems to work better for Windows 8 users. I have a link to the Windows 7 driver in the comments of my own page.

Last edited:

SolaAesir

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if the csc & wp8 files to flash directly to 8.1 are available yet? Unfortunately I can't get the 8.1 update over the air because Sprint's network setup causes Ting (a Sprint MVNO) users to have no active network much like the people who had the developer preview installed and they don't seem willing to fix it. I've created a new thread to ask but I'm hoping one of the people subscribed to this thread might know how I can get my hands on an updated rom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss