I've been running 8.1 Dev Preview since mid-November, but I have not gotten the Sprint update that came out in December. I have turned off Deb Preview (even uninstalled) and still no firmware update. If I do a Factory Reset (1) will it revert back to WP8; (2) if I lose apps on the phone, do I still own them in the Windows Store; (3) WILL I GET THE SPRINT OS & FIRMWARE UPDATE?
    Question 3, of course being the most important.
    I've seen articles & threads about doing hard resets, flashing, etc....please keep in mind, I'm not computer or phone expert & find a lot of those instructions somewhat complicated & I fear I will kill the phone.
    Wondering if I should try the Sprint Store first.
    thanks for your help
    01-12-2015 07:15 AM
    1) It depends on what the "default" version of the OS is for the device. My Guess - I do not own the phone- is it will revert to the 8.1 update. Once a new version has been pushed to a device group, it has always reverted t the latest version in my experience. On AT&T, when my L900 got WP 7.8, it reverted to 7.8 after a reset. Same with my L920 when it got WP 8.1.

2) You will get all your apps back. So long as you are logged into the correct Microsoft account (Outlook for most, Hotmail for a few), you ill get access to all your apps and your contacts. Most of your apps will revert back to your preferences- my weather apps have always come back with my preferred cities still on them. You will need to start over in any games you have. Progress is not saved, only the games you purchased.

3) You will not brick your phone unless there is something already wrong with it. From the sound of things, this is on Sprints end not yours.

Before you do this, I would spend some time with Sprint's customer service. Get someone who understands WP (that may take some patience) and have them verify what is up with your update.

Let us know what you find out!!
    01-12-2015 08:12 AM
    Thanks for the reply!! 1) I'm not too concerned as to what it would revert back to as long as it's fully functional. 2) good news on the apps & games are no big deal to me anyway. 3) Nothing is wrong with the phone, so there should be no brick issue
    I will head to the Sprint Store this weekend, as a chat session was pretty useless.
    01-12-2015 10:14 AM
    The answers to your questions have all be discussed here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/sam...tiv-s-neo.html

Take your time and read through the thread thoroughly.

-Skippy
    01-12-2015 03:31 PM
    Thanks Skippy07, but as I stated above, I was hoping to avoid all of these complex steps as I find them somewhat overwhelming. I'll let Sprint deal with it first.
    01-13-2015 07:15 AM
    If you flash back to the firmware on my website / discussed in the thread that Skippy links to, YES, it will remove 8.1, go all the way back to the Sprint original 8.0, and you will have to manually update your phone over WiFi back to the 8.1 update from Sprint (but you have to download 2 or 3 updates to 8.0 before you get the 8.1 update - it's a process that takes me about 2 hours).
    01-19-2015 05:55 PM
    Thanks - last question (hopefully). Do you download the drivers from the computer or thru the phone? If it's thru the computer, I have a Mac, so not sure if I could even download them.
    PS: thank you for help & patience
    01-21-2015 09:18 AM
    Well, I ended up sending the phone back to Samsung & they fixed the issue. Totally updated & running smoothly. Needless to say, I will not be playing with WP 10 preview. I'll wait for the real thing thru Sprint
    02-18-2015 01:46 PM