windows 10 preview on ativ neo?

anon(6020507)

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone manage to install 10 preview on the neo?

I am on the latest firmware and the latest developer preview os.
(Used the bootloop fix from xda to update).
When I try the hack to install windows10 by changing registry entries, it downloads the preview update but fails to open with error code 80188030f.
Do we have any workaround for it?

Before anyone suggests it will brick the phone, it is my spare used only for development.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
1 This error could happen on a Lumia phone if you update to Denim but did not have the latest preview for developers version. ( "nothing to do with your case).
2 Sometimes if people got this error during an update and the removed the SD card they could install the update.

So the best guess i can offer you is to remove a SD card if you have one and be sure you have enough free space on your phones internal memory.
Good luck

ZeroCide77

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same setup I have a 635 I play with and a Ativ S Neo as my daily driver. I want Win 10 on it but rumors have it that Sprint will only update the 635. They have abandoned the Ativ S Neo. I have also heard that there is a registry hack that will allow you to install the insider previews on the Ativ S. I really hope this is not true and that Sprint will update the Ativ S Neo

RicaChero

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
So I badger Sprint constantly about getting a new phone and feel optimistic to get something decent coming. Meanwhile, I have bad news. At least in one instance, the exchange list (TEP replacement) places the Lumia 635 as a replacement for my Ativ S Noes. Not cool at all. But then again, it is more than 2 years old.

Geers Tyresoil

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
just repaired the usb board (15 dollar part) on my Ativ S Neo. I will take this phone to the grave if I have to. nothing else out there yet that makes me want to upgrade. maybe Surface phone when it materializes.

mmosher1975

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I was one of the (un)lucky ones to get an accidental update from Microsoft in September 2015.

Win10 crashes constantly on my Neo, apps are unstable, slow to launch, sometimes apps won't even launch.

I am trying the new build tonight to check for stability since my phone has been out of commission since mid-December.

I'll let everyone know if this helps.

UPDATE - phone give me a :-( during the update.

No dice.

ZeroCide77

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I badger Sprint constantly as well..... Most recently I started in on the HP elite X3. Sprint NEEDS this phone so I can get it. I would love my Ativ S neo to have windows 10. I've heard rumors that Microsoft is working on a build for Ativ S, not sure if it is for the neo as well.

Rod Iron

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It won't be up to Sprint to update the phone, it starts with MS and Samsung, Sprint is the last part of the equation. Personally I'm OK with not getting an update. In principle an update is good but Samsung is in the business of selling phones so it just makes sense. As for new W10 mobile phones on the "Maybe someday" network, don't count on it. Read the post titled "What NO Windows OS for smartphones?" MathiuzfromUSN pretty much sums up MS feelings on CDMA.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RicaChero

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I say we combine forces! Haha no seriously, mind joining me on Twitter to count up a vote for the HP Elite X3 on Sprint? UsernamE RicaChero.

This may help, it's now possible to install Threshold on S4 devices.

Using the settings to make your device appear as a 635 sprint model should be the best option.

Mod / App: Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Builds on unsupported Lumias

Then for Redstone.

[App][Source] DHT Upgrade Advisor (Get redst… | Windows 10 Mobile

Things are picking up over at xda-developers, though not yet what it was back in the day when there was a reason the site was called xda and Window's Mobile was what Android is now, but it's great to see, and your best bet in the meantime until Sprint decides to join the mobile windows party.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OFFSET