[Caution] Insider Fast Track causing reboot lockup

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I went to go check the Windows Insider App and found that I was presented the option for the Fast Track. This was the first time I've seen that option, so of course I took it. I then checked for updates, and it proceeded to download something. After downloading and rebooting, the phone is now stuck in a continual reboot loop. I see the windows logo and that's it. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wait a minute, this is the Samsung ATIV S Neo forum!

It's not supposed to be on the Insider preview as of now! Did you hack it in?

mjb666

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I have the Samsung ativ s (not the neo) did the same thing (hoping for update 2) & have the same issue :-( Bugger

Last edited:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Wait a minute, this is the Samsung ATIV S Neo forum!

It's not supposed to be on the Insider preview as of now! Did you hack it in?

I reckon there's no device ID check for the GDR2 part.
Which would be the G I guess.
Reboot loop sounds bad though :(

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any success restoring/fixing their phone? I've tried to use the WP8 SMD Download Tool but it doesn't recognize my phone.

XpLiziT

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Was any of you with issues still on 8.1 Dev preview and never reverted back to OTA upgrade? I was still on preview and it updated fine after update. I believe the update was for phones that haven't got the last 8.1 OTA update, not win10 yet.

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Was any of you with issues still on 8.1 Dev preview and never reverted back to OTA upgrade? I was still on preview and it updated fine after update. I believe the update was for phones that haven't got the last 8.1 OTA update, not win10 yet.
I'm on the DP. Update came through the Windows Insider app though.

AlucardHS

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
got the same prob but the tools are not working. pc cant see the phone guess the drivers don't work. anyone find other solutions?

mjb666

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Drivers should still work, I've had issues with them before and found it too work on a windows 7 pc. If I remember rightly I had to go into device manager and find the driver that wasn't working then update it. I am assuming you have already Installed the SamsungUSBDriver?

Bruce Lofland

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue but the Downloader will not see my phone when it is plugged into the USB port. Device Manager calls it a QUALCOMM MSM DEVICE when I plug it in in Download mode. I'm not sure the Samsung USB Driver is installed correctly even though I followed all the directions and re-checked and retried many times. :cry:

mjb666

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
When in device manager expand the Universal serial bus controllers arrow. You should see something like Samsung cdc (or similar) and another samsung entry, or in your case Qualcomm msm device, while your phone is connected (in download mode) if that has an error(ie ! is displayed) then right click to update it. That has previously worked for me (I have ativ s). You may need to uninstall the driver and reinstall. I did it on a windows 7 machine.

Last edited:

Bruce Lofland

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Samsung USB driver many times. The problem seems to be that the driver is never activated because the phone is identifying itself as a Qualcomm MSM Device instead of a Samsung Device. I can only assume that this is the result of the attempted install of 8.1 GDR2. I did see one thread that seemed to indicate that it could also be caused by a low battery. I have the phone plugged in and it is in download mode but I have no idea if that will cause the battery to charge or even what level the battery is at.
Is a hard reset my only recourse now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6