Neo "died", anyone experience this?

StyxBoatman

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!

So my Ativ S Neo bit the big one some weeks ago. I actually upgraded to an Idol 4S since I want to stay in the ecosystem, and heck I really like the WinPhone (yes, I know it's not called that anymore) more than the other OSes out there.

In any case, and the reason for the post, I would like to attempt to salvage the phone at least so I can retrieve some items I had that for some reason were not backed up. Basically some contacts, texts, notes, etc. So one last time.

What the phone is doing is that it shows the Windows blue loading splash screen, it shows on screen for a few seconds (much shorter than when it's normally booting), the screen goes black and then the phone starts vibrating. A short "chirp" of a vibration (for lack of a better word) that goes off every 1 to 2 seconds. It does it with and without battery in perpetuity.

Anyone had this happen before and was able to recover from it? It did do this to me once a LONG time ago (at the very least 6-7 months ago) but I took the battery out and put back in and it worked fine.

Thanks everyone!

StyxBoatman

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the delay, didn't get notified that there was a response. I had not checked using external recovery tools. Nope, haven't checked XDA yet. That's a good idea. Any particular tools I should use besides the Windows Device Recovery Tool? Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos