Ativ S

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I really like the looks of this device and the nicrousb port on the bottom gives me hope for a desktop cradle (Hint Hint Samsung). I am hoping that Nokia will also put the microusb connector on the bottom as well on their W8P devices.

Ativ is life (Vita) in the mirror

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a sexy device. I will probably get it, but will want to see what Nokia has in store as well. The tablet looks nice.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Can tell there is excitment for WP 8. It only took a couple of hours for the ATIV to get it's own sub-forum ( It took a couple of weeks for the Focus 2 to get it's own!!), and it has two of the top threads right now. I am sure excited!! Sure looks like a huge step up from an already great device in the Focus S, and it looks like Samsung is actually going to get behind this one.

Can you imagine the excitment after Nokia launches Pureview devices?? Sweet Mother, it will be a near stampede of activity around here....

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Im not one for brand loyalty. If Nokia (or iPhone) can't compete with this in my eyes I could easily see myself purchasing this phone.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Official Tech Specs for ATIV S

No LTE Chipset :straight: , if true, that could mean alot will not get it..Let hope that is not True and just a misprint and does have LTE onboard..

Do not see T-Mobile Bands supported..no 1700mhz. But TMobile is refarming after all.

Last edited:

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Official Tech Specs for ATIV S

No LTE Chipset :straight: , if true, that could mean alot will not get it..Let hope that is not True and just a misprint and does have LTE onboard..

Do not see T-Mobile Bands supported..no 1700mhz. But TMobile is refarming after all.

I remember reading somewhere that this is the European version of the phone. The US version could certainly have LTE support........

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Well all 4 current Gen Nokias are available in Canada, and no Samsungs. If that trend reverses with WP8 I'll buy the Ativ S. But Nokia is still my first choice.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well all 4 current Gen Nokias are available in Canada, and no Samsungs. If that trend reverses with WP8 I'll buy the Ativ S. But Nokia is still my first choice.

I have a focus original and now the L 900 I am open to any but laning towards a Nokia but the Ativ looks really nice to me

How did my post end up first? WTF!

I was wondering that myself. Oh well maybe bcause you are a moderator and I am not at least here. I am a mod at an old treo site thats still hanging around. Maybe its a time zone difference I am in Central and you are eastern.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't care if it has LTE or not. All it does is eat battery. What is needed for LTE really? Downloading songs? On ATTs 4G I get 5mb down and 1mb up so i get those in seconds. Streaming netflix? Never had an issue.

I don't get LTE in my area so i personally dont care.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My battery life isn't the best, but even with lte it fairs better than my previous phones with 4g. I get through most of my day

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
LTE ,,, Meh ... dont really need to load a Internet page faster then I blink :p

-It still supports HSPA+ (42MB/sec) LTE is like 50-60MB/sec right now so not a UGE differences specially considering that battery it drains.

-32G internal + SD card slot ( nice)
- HD supper AMOLED ( very nice) just hope i dont get burn in like on my Focus.
- 4.8 inch PERFECT!

and i love the click Feel of Samsung light weigh,

yeah im sold!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a nice device for sure, I'll wait and see what HTC has to offer on T-mobile before I make a choice tho.
Sure remember there being a post somewhere about this heading to T-Mo when it was still the "Odyssey".

For all the mid-range devices on T-Mobile, it would be nice to see a high end bad boy get launched there. I always though the Focus S would have sold really well on their excellent HPSA+ signal.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I really like this phone. It not having LTE works well for me since I'm on Straight Talk and they aren't allowed to use the LTE network of AT&T anyway. I really like the HDMI and the expandable memory. I love my Focus Flash so I might stay with Samsung. Especially since it seems like if you have a Samsung device that iFans seem to die inside a little bit each time. lol. I'm also probably going to buy one of the tablet/laptops since it is like getting 2 devices for the price of one.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't care if it has LTE or not. All it does is eat battery. What is needed for LTE really? Downloading songs? On ATTs 4G I get 5mb down and 1mb up so i get those in seconds. Streaming netflix? Never had an issue.

I don't get LTE in my area so i personally dont care.

I have LTE here but didn't have it the first month I had my L900. I haven't noticed any differences in battery life.

I'd think the ATIV and the new devices from HTC and Nokia would not have battery life issues with LTE, since they will be even more advanced in both HW/SW for WP8 as opposed to WP7.5.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6