Worst name ever?

Flan Tamarind

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I might be indulging in childish fantasy, but I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks themed phones would be cool. A grim reaper phone would be pretty awesome with some sick engraved, possibly led lined unibody design where the LEDs could match your theme color would be awesome.

*mind wanders*

Introducing the Samsung Reaper S

(Fade in from black to a GS3 taking a shower with curtain drawn.)

**Knock, Knock, Knock**

(GS3 continues on cluelessly)

**Sign-in sound of a door opening plays**

GS3 - Honey? Honey is that you?

(Curtain swings open to reveal the awesome lines and design of the Samsung Reaper S as it 's display shows a nasty looking grim reaper which draws back it's scythe and swings, making a slashing sound.)

GS3-AAAAAAAHHHHHH...... oh...

(GS3 loads up a lightsabre app and they do battle. Fade to black with the slashing effect and a body falling to the floor.)

*consciousness regained*

To sum things up, yes ATIV S is a terrible name.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Also, Vita means "life." The opposite of life is...death? Who wants to buy a phone named the Samsung Death?

This isn't quite as bad as Chevy selling the Nova in Latin American countries ("no va" means "it doesn't go"), but it's still hard to fathom. Something must have gotten lost in translation.
And "Pinto" means "little *****" in some South American countries I thought.:lol:

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The name is sucky but it is growing on me; I assume there was some demographic that really liked it in a focus group that Samsung was trying to target. I think they should have just called it the Samsung Odyssey, though.

Or keep with the space/sky theme... Samsung nebula, aurora, venus, etc. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire