anyone find a good case for your samsung ativ s?

mr_lysgaard

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
These look great, thanks mr_lysgaard!!

Only thing I think boot of these are soft cases, or said in another way, the last link is really soft and the first link is a thing in the middle. I think this good to get a better grip. The case I have now from Case Mate

Case-Mate Samsung ATIV S Barely There Cases (Case-Mate ATIVS-BT), Samsung ATIV S Cases | Covers | Accessories | Case-Mate

it is pretty slippery.... but it's really slim! I will give feedback as soon as I get the others from eBay

Twyll

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

mr_lysgaard

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Best cases ever: NoR?ve St Tropez. They are handmade on measure and customisable (you can request different colours for the lining, etc.)
It's a bit expensive, but worth every penny. I received mine yesterday.
Samsung GT-i8750 Ativ S Tradition leather case | Noreve - Haute Couture for Mobile Devices

It's also a great gift idea for the wife/girlfriend's tablet or phone :)
They do all the phones/tablets and deliver internationally for free.

Very cool case, me want!! But can you order it without the logo?

mr_lysgaard

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Okei, I had the cases I ordered for one week, this is the best one...

MF Quicksand Hard Cover Skin Case LCD Guard for Samsung I8750 Ativ S | eBay

it's ''ultra super duper slim'' and is good in the hand. Not slippery at all, a little rough feeling with thousand of small dimples

frogdr1ver

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Ive just got the case mate tough case, used VCODESEX to get 20% discount. The case gives awesome protection and doesnt make it too bulky. However i do dint it a bit slippy still. Would still like a slimmer one though, just not enough case choice for this phone really.

trxmec

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Agree frog, just got the same case today. It is well built but a bit slippery and still searching for something thinner to honor this fantastic phone. The more I use it, the more I like it.

Mike Peckitt

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I got the quicksand case (Meifeng) delivered from Hong Kong to Canada in less than 2 weeks. Great price and I like the texture of this case. My S-Wave Gel case has been shelved for now. This case also came with a Screen Protector for less than $10CDN.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've got a brown Nillkin "Super-frosted Shield" on order from obostore.com.
NILLKIN ??
Case-mate makes one of their "Barely There" cases for the ATIV S but availability in Canada was practically nil
and I've been stung too many times with extra customs/duties charges on items from the U.K. after paying a fair price for something
plus a premium for shipping to bother with that again.

The Case-mates look pretty nice but I think I've got much the same thing in the Nillkin case. A semi-rigid clip-on case with
a textured and rubberized exterior and open access to the top, bottom, and all the buttons. It looks pretty premium.
I think I paid $8.50 U.S. for the case, and international shipping was free. If I like the case and all goes well with the shipping
and whatnot I may order the white as well.

I'll post my thoughts + maybe a pic or two when it gets here.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have not been able to find a single case in Switzerland. But I have pre ordered some leather flip case with Digitec.ch... Might take another month.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So I got the Nillkin case I ordered from Obostore.com in Hong Kong in the mail today.

I gotta say, I am pretty pleased overall. I think I ordered it maybe, 2-3 weeks or so ago so the delivery time was acceptable considering it came standard air/mail. No (Canadian) duties, customs extras which I was hoping to avoid. It came in padded postal packaging.
Inside was the fairly sturdy product packaging...
The case came with a cleaning cloth, a decal, and a film screen protector. I can't speak to the quality of these, but they're nice add-ins.
The protector itself is textured rigid plastic. I went with brown out of the 5 colours available. In person it looks like a nice chocolate brown...kind of like a big Hershey bar! I kind of wish I went for the white, but the brown is attractive and certainly is a nice change from black. I can see it appealing to someone who uses their phone at the office or for work.

There's not really a whole lot to say. The case is pretty minimalist and I'll generally let the pictures do the talking.
You have open access to all the buttons, ports etc which is nice for once. The case is easily snapped on and the sit is snug. It feels less bulky than the plastic S-line case it is replacing. The plastic/chrome top and bottom edging of the ATIV S look REAL good exposed and as accents to the glass front of the phone and the textured case. The back of the case has a premium textured feel...It gives grip without feeling rough.
If I have anything negative to say it's that the sides feel much smoother than my old case..there is a light "matte" texture there but the old S-line case had quite rough dimpled strips down the sides. I would have preferred the heavier texture to wrap around I think. Also, there is a seam that runs around the edge of the case. It's not particularly obvious, or poorly finished or anything...in fact it's quite clean...but it's about the only concession to premium quality I can find at this point.

In conclusion, I'm very happy with my purchase here on day-1. If I could find something like this at a brick-and-mortar store
here around town I'm sure I'd be paying $25-$30 for it. My final credit card charge for this was $9.50 CDN. Shipping was free.

Attachments

• nillkin1.jpg
    nillkin1.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 9
  • nillkin2.jpg
    nillkin2.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 7
  • nillkin3.jpg
    nillkin3.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just an update on my Nillkin posts... a month later and the case is still 100%. Looks and feels like new. I've taken it off and put it back on a few times and all that is easily accomplished and the case flexes just fine and goes back on nice and snug. So I remain very happy with the purchase.
In fact I just received a second identical case, but in white...which looks even nicer.

Add to that the fact that my $20 screen protector started peeling off yesterday and I am now using one of the packed-in screen protectors that came with each of these cases. I'm sure the screen protectors are just your basic, low-end films, but it went on easy, is crystal clear, and the touchscreen is certainly no less sensitive than it was with the $20 protector. If I get 2 or 3 months from each screen protector I'll be ecstatic as they were just sort of a throw in anyway.

Hope this has been of help to some

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro