Samsung Ativ S and Audio issue

tdrock1

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have Samsung Ativ S from Rogers

when I play music, the sound is so low, I can't hear anything.
it's same with AUX connection to my car.

I never had this issue with Samsung Focus. Is this a defective device or if anyone else having the same issue.

VelJharig

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Presuming your volume is set to something above "2", you shouldn't have any problems hearing a standard level mp3 track. I can fill a small room with quiet music with the volume set to 10/30 on my Ativ S. If you're barely able to hear things, I'd wonder if you have a defective unit.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Presuming your volume is set to something above "2", you shouldn't have any problems hearing a standard level mp3 track. I can fill a small room with quiet music with the volume set to 10/30 on my Ativ S. If you're barely able to hear things, I'd wonder if you have a defective unit.

wow... I have to have my HTC set to 15/30 to be able to hear it ok. Pushing up to 20/30 in case of substantial background noise.

halibutstu

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same thing happen on mine twice. You play music through the speaker and it plays so quietly you have to hold it right up to your ear, regardless of what the volume is set to. I have to experiment but I was thinking if I say played a game and turned the volume down in game, and it was still running in the background, would that app lock the volume to whatever the in game volume was? I restarted my phone both times to fix it.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same thing happen on mine twice. You play music through the speaker and it plays so quietly you have to hold it right up to your ear, regardless of what the volume is set to. I have to experiment but I was thinking if I say played a game and turned the volume down in game, and it was still running in the background, would that app lock the volume to whatever the in game volume was? I restarted my phone both times to fix it.

Jeez that just happened to me as well! Nokia Lumia 920. Might be a software issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99