Samsung Ativ S Camera Problem?

Emmanuel Quagraine

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Curious: Who has a working Camera with the following Information?
(Which can be found in Settings > about > more info)

More Info:
OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 2212.12.11.5
Hardware revision number: 15.3.1.0
Radio Software version: 2212.12.11.5
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.0
Bootloader version: 12.11.15.14
Chip SOC version: 1.5.32

neo120

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
My OS is 8.0.9903.10 Firmware 2424.12.10.11 Radio 2424.12.10.11. My back cam is also not working. Frontcam works. I have found no solution yet.

anon(5571020)

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
have you got an SD-CARD in your phone? - try taking it out and see if the camera works. If it does, the SD has corruption on it. put it into a PC and let it correct errors (it will probably say it found none) then put it back in yoiur phone and reboot)

Emmanuel Quagraine

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I decided to restart my phone for the first time, now my Camera doesnt work..............................................................................
I do have an SD card, removed it and rebooted. Same problem.

Emmanuel Quagraine

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
have you got an SD-CARD in your phone? - try taking it out and see if the camera works. If it does, the SD has corruption on it. put it into a PC and let it correct errors (it will probably say it found none) then put it back in yoiur phone and reboot)

Still doesnt work :/ Could it be an app?

Pranav Koradia

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I decided to restart my phone for the first time, now my Camera doesnt work..............................................................................
I do have an SD card, removed it and rebooted. Same problem.

No SD Card and camera does not work even after resetting the phone 4 times, the update has messed up the system. Looks like a bug in the rom.
No solution found yet.

Chrystopia

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I found this thread after searching for a solution to this very problem. After some fiddling and many curses I was about to give up on the camera.
It never worked since I switched the phone on for the first time. I was about to send it back ffor a refund but wanted to test the phone for at least another day.
Now the curious part:
I have 2 SIM cards on 2 different providers, E-Plus and Vodafone (both german). The Ativ S was meant to be used with the E-Plus card. As I said, the camera didn't work right from the start.
Since the coverage on E-Plus is somewhat wonky where here, I switched the SIM for the Vodafone one to try it a bit. After I reseted the phone for the millionth time (the first time with the other SIM) the camera suddenly works.
I have no clue why, but I'll take it.
Maybe someone can confirm any similar circumstances.

Update:
After switching back to the other SIM the camera stopped working again. Trying to reenable it by switching SIMs again and reseting the device didn't work. Time to send it in, I guess.

Last edited:

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a slightly different problem with my camera, when I first open the camera application the first picture or video is not taken instantly there is a pause of about 2-4 seconds before the picture is actually taken. After this photos are taken fine, does anyone has the same issue and is there a fix?

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a slightly different problem with my camera, when I first open the camera application the first picture or video is not taken instantly there is a pause of about 2-4 seconds before the picture is actually taken. After this photos are taken fine, does anyone has the same issue and is there a fix?

Are you having the "image stabilizer" on? If so, that's the reason for the lag.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have this

OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 2212.12.12.2
Hardware revision number: 15.3.1.0
Radio Software version: 2212.12.12.2
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.0
Bootloader version: 12.12.20.17
Chip SOC version: 1.5.32

There should be a update to get you to at least this.

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I think ive found the problem. It may be the sd card, when I take it out the whole phone is much snappier. picture also takes instantly once focussed. I have a class 10 but I know these have different transfer rates. Mine is a sandisk 32gb. May buy a Samsung 32gb class 10 with 42mb/s transfer rate. Anyone else had this problem.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I got a Samsung SD card, 48 mb/s. I noticed a lag when activating the "stablilizer" within the camera settings. Could be that an SD card with a slow transfer rate enhances the lag?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster