Unlocked ATIV S (I8750) on AT&T - How To Activate?

winutils

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I just received my ATIV S from Negri (took 2 days - no issues) and I have an AT&T Micro-SIM, however now I am stuck trying to activate it on AT&T. I had no problem before with other unlocked phones but AT&T claims the Ativ S (Samsung I8750) phone does not exist in their database so they cannot activate it on their network. I would appreciate anyone giving me an idea of how to proceed!

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Since you are on contract you should register your previous phone and then insert the SIM card into the ATIV S then the system will recognize the phone automatically.. After that your service should work without problems :D (AT&T Rep here)..

winutils

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
That would be a great idea, however the old phone has a normal SIM and the ATIV S has a Micro SIM. I was hoping that there was an activation sequence (##...#) that would work. I was surprised that AT&T did not have the model in their DB considering it is already in Canada, eh.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Actually I had the same problem with an unlocked HTC 8S on a carrier here in Canada. I tried to get it to work on line and no go, then I called tech support and said the 8S is not supported and there is nothing they could do. This was Telus, and I came from a Lumia 800, which uses the same sim card type.

Ironically, I had to go with the Ativ.

Podunks

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually I had the same problem with an unlocked HTC 8S on a carrier here in Canada. I tried to get it to work on line and no go, then I called tech support and said the 8S is not supported and there is nothing they could do. This was Telus, and I came from a Lumia 800, which uses the same sim card type.

Ironically, I had to go with the Ativ.

How "unfortunate" for you...
If only that was a dilemma here in the states...

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How "unfortunate" for you...
If only that was a dilemma here in the states...

It was the only WinPhone 8 available on my carrier. Samsung is odd. The Ativ S is available on every nation wide carrier in Canada, but is absent in the entire US. I don't understand the reasoning.

saket87

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Since you are on contract you should register your previous phone and then insert the SIM card into the ATIV S then the system will recognize the phone automatically.. After that your service should work without problems :D (AT&T Rep here)..

Hi
I am on the same boat too but I use a Lumia920 and have the same problem.
but I don't understand what registering is. I could try that.
I removed the sim today from 920 to ativ s, so don't know what to do
thanks

Jourdansway

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My micro SIM card was actually punched out of a regular SIM card. The seller gave me the remaining piece. My samsung tablet does not show the balance so I was able to put the micro SIM back into the original, slide it into my phone and check the balance. A store that sells micro SIM cards probably has something you could use to do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss