SGH-T899M on AT&T?

lb2013

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone using the Samsung ATIV S model SGH-T899M on AT&T in the US? Does LTE work on this phone on the AT&T network? The phone is listed as using LTE 1700/2100, are these the frequencies that AT&T uses in the US? I would like to confirm before I spend over $600 for this phone unlocked.

Thanks for any info and help!!

Last edited:

saket87

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Has or is anyone using the Samsung ATIV S model SGH-T899M on AT&T in the US? Does LTE work on this phone on the AT&T network? The phone is listed as using LTE 1700/2100, are these the frequencies that AT&T uses in the US? I would like to confirm before I spend over $600 for this phone unlocked.

Thanks for any info and help!!
I started using the very same phone from yesterday and I don't see LTE only 4g. In the settings it says LTE but I have not been able to confirm LTE though.

Glenn Fegley

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the T899M now on AT&T in the US for a few days now. It works great. I get H+ but no LTE. You might be able to set the APN settings to get it but I haven't found anything about how to do this or if it's even possible. The H+ (4g) is really fast though, and I REALLY LOVE this phone. Totally worth it to me. And if you buy it at Negri Electronics like I did it was only $598.

CptnMagic

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
According to the FCC, The T899M only supports LTE Band IV (AWS). AT&T is deploying mosty on Band 17 and *some* Band IV. T-Mobile is rolling out LTE Band IV.

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I just received my Rogers SGH-T899M and can confirm no LTE on AT&T. I've tried playing with the APN settings to no avail. Rogers site listed it as support 5 LTE bands while Telus and Bell list it as only AWS LTE so I made sure to get the Rogers version. I guess the Rogers site was wrong. No LTE on AT&T in Minneapolis. I also can't get internet sharing to work. Just says there is no cellular data connection even though the browser works fine.

The manual and box both say single-band LTE, so ALL SGH-T899M only support AWS LTE. This is definitive.

It will work on AT&T LTE in places with band 4 deployed, unfortunately that is a very small subset of AT&T's LTE network and it is quite difficult to tell which area runs on which band.

Disappointed. Back to my Galaxy Note 2 I guess. Frak AT&T for disabling tethering unless you pay ridiculous amounts of money. No way for root my 920 to ignore their stupid instructions.

EDIT: I was able to get internet sharing to work! Here's how!
Go to the market and search samsung electronics. Download the "apn" app.
Now go to settings and open the apn settings. Click edit apn, then click ATT Broadband. Change the APN from broadband to pta (if you have an LTE plan) or to phone and save. Internet sharing should now work. Great thing is, it doesn't ask AT&T for their damn permission!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs