08-27-2014 09:43 AM
66 123
tools
    My 64GB Sandisk Class 10 works perfect. That said I also completely wiped all partitions on it and then formatted it exFat before putting it in my phone.
    Cat10 should be formatted with exfat. Did you format it on PC or Mac or your phone?
    05-02-2013 02:04 AM
    Diskpart on windows to clean it.
    Coolknight1968 likes this.
    05-02-2013 06:01 AM
    Diskpart on windows to clean it.
    I thought that microSD cards should always be formatted on the device that you put them in. I did read something about special formatting.
    05-03-2013 02:42 AM
    mine ativ get shot too when I use intensively whatsapp......but as sooner it gets hot as sooner it becomes normal after a little break
    05-05-2013 12:06 PM
    Hi guys, I'm new on this forum and I'm itlaian so I'm sorry for my english (i'm trying to improve it, and I'll be grateful if any of you will correct my possible errors)
    I'm writing here to ask to any of you an opinion about a problem I have
    Sometimes my ativ s doesn't respond to the physical buttons, I mean that sometimes no buttons awake it and I must press the power button for a long time to reebot it or I must remove the battery
    Does it happen to any of you? Do you suggest me to send it to a samsung care point?
    Thank you
    05-05-2013 12:12 PM
    The lower left corner of my phone where the back button is sinks a little when I press it sometimes.
    It's very subtle, but you can definitely feel it if you press the back button hard enough.

I'm using a Sandisk Ultra Class 10 microSD and it works fine. Some apps will show you the transfer rate when copying files. I get anywhere between 20-30MB/s which is about class 10 speed, so the phone definitely supports class 10 transfer rates. The card was preformatted with FAT32, but I needed to put 4GB+ files on there, so I reformatted it as exFAT.

When you play some games, like Modern Combat 4 for extended periods of time, the phone gets extremely hot where the microSD card is. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets close or even exceeds the maximum safe operating temerature (85 C or 185F) of the card, thus killing it. The Galaxy s3 has a similar problem. People have reported taking out the card on the s3 at maximum temperature, and it is as soft and flexable :D.

The home button, if you don't press it directly in the middle, feels like it can break over time. You can hear that the sound isn't normal when you press down on it from the left or right edge of the button.

Battery life in my opinion, is much better than my Samsung Focus. I'd say it's 1.5x - 2x better in some instances.

I have the Canadian version, on the celluar speed selection menu, 3G is called 4G for some reason.
    The following options are available: 2G, 4G, and LTE.

Reception is good in my area, so I haven't had any reboots due to that issue. I did manage to crash the phone and it rebooted while running some buggy apps though. My Samsung Focus reboots itself like several times a day ever since the Windows Phone 7.8 update.

The screen is Super AMOLED HD, which is prone to screen burn in. I have very slight burn in which I notice when I use the phone in the dark on the lowest brightness setting. The address bar in Internet Exporer and the outline of the tiles on the home screen. It's very minor, and it is hard to spot unless you're actively trying to look for it.
    Last edited by ShocWave; 05-06-2013 at 04:32 AM.
    05-06-2013 04:22 AM
    My phone does the same.

Is there already a solution?
    05-30-2013 02:57 AM
    Hi guys, I'm new on this forum and I'm itlaian so I'm sorry for my english (i'm trying to improve it, and I'll be grateful if any of you will correct my possible errors)
    I'm writing here to ask to any of you an opinion about a problem I have
    Sometimes my ativ s doesn't respond to the physical buttons, I mean that sometimes no buttons awake it and I must press the power button for a long time to reebot it or I must remove the battery
    Does it happen to any of you? Do you suggest me to send it to a samsung care point?
    Thank you
    Yes. Could be related to SkyDrive preview in Albums, I renamed all my SkyDrive folders to the point they no longer show up in Albums (a few times). That seems to help quite a bit. I SkyDrive app if I need SkyDrive.
    05-30-2013 05:26 PM
    Phones great and is 2 weeks old but seems to die really quickly once you start using any application. only have 3g on, Bluetooth, nfc, wireless are all turned off. only have 4 apps running in the background. any suggestions
    06-12-2013 12:38 PM
    I just got my phone about a week ago now, and using a 32GB class 10 Sandisk Ultra (High Speed) micro SDHC in my Ativ S with Telus in Canada. I tend to about once a day have my card kind of stop responding to the phone. To the point where the phone wont even power off, just says GoodBye and sits there, so if I do a hard reboot on it. When it boots up it says there may be a problem with the card and to put it into a computer and try to fix it. Computer always does a test and says its fine, so back in the phone it goes and the cycle starts again.
    06-30-2013 10:40 PM
    There's been many issues with bad cards in the forums for not just WP. Some work fine and some don't with no trend in make nor model. It's pretty much buyer beware and trial and error. Also make sure you have the latest updates and format the card in the phone. Some posted that it helped them.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    07-01-2013 08:39 AM
    Hello!
    My question is a bit silly.. If I buy a SONY MICRO SDHC 16GB class 10 what are the possibilities to have problems? Are class 10 microSD's problematic with this device in general or some specific models/brands cause problems?
    07-07-2013 05:54 PM
    Hello!
    My question is a bit silly.. If I buy a SONY MICRO SDHC 16GB class 10 what are the possibilities to have problems? Are class 10 microSD's problematic with this device in general or some specific models/brands cause problems?
    The LTE version of the Ativ S is cat10 certified, the GSM version cat4. A cat10 may or may not work in a i8750 GSM Ativ S.
    07-08-2013 02:37 PM
    Hi everybody i have bougth a ativ s
    I want to know how i can get my Windows mail on my phone
    and wich e mail i need to use to connect to Microsoft

Thanks already
    07-27-2013 01:27 PM
    Hi everybody i have bougth a ativ s
    I want to know how i can get my Windows mail on my phone
    and wich e mail i need to use to connect to Microsoft

Thanks already
    07-27-2013 01:48 PM
    The thing is, that i'm not really satisfied with my ativ s. For reasons like: You can't just connect to a computer and simply copy paste the files needed, no~ You need to download this and that and this And connection to xbox is not always that great for games, not to MENTION the mini-diary app that you save( at least for my one) and then you press home, and come back to see all your input deleted But.... ya, i guess it's okay in its own annoying way
    10-23-2013 12:15 AM
    The thing is, that i'm not really satisfied with my ativ s. For reasons like: You can't just connect to a computer and simply copy paste the files needed, no~ You need to download this and that and this And connection to xbox is not always that great for games, not to MENTION the mini-diary app that you save( at least for my one) and then you press home, and come back to see all your input deleted But.... ya, i guess it's okay in its own annoying way
    I haven't had any of those issues, you can "just connect to a computer and simply copy paste the files needed" so I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, the connection to Xbox for games is perfect so, again, I have no idea what you're doing wrong. I don't use the mini diary but if you're having issues with it then you should feed that back to Samsung.
    10-23-2013 03:49 AM
    I just got my phone about a week ago now, and using a 32GB class 10 Sandisk Ultra (High Speed) micro SDHC in my Ativ S with Telus in Canada. I tend to about once a day have my card kind of stop responding to the phone. To the point where the phone wont even power off, just says GoodBye and sits there, so if I do a hard reboot on it. When it boots up it says there may be a problem with the card and to put it into a computer and try to fix it. Computer always does a test and says its fine, so back in the phone it goes and the cycle starts again.
    How is the card formatted, I have the same one as you and reformatting the card as exFAT helped me with the issues I had with the SD Card.
    10-23-2013 03:54 AM
    It's just for games like Alphajax and so, that need other "online" phone-users. Ya, the mini-diary.... 0-0 all the memories that were SUPPOsed to be recorded it's not always, it's just like 1) i learned that you can't just press the plus sign, and press the tick after you've finished your entry. If you do that,then go back via the windows button, then it automatically deletes it, because you didn't press the 3 dots and THEN press save, and after a lot of painful hardships and losses....(my entries!) i learned that you also have to turn the diary page before you press the windows button,otherwise even though you pressed save, and you pressed the tick several times(which i assumed was mini-save), ALL, and i mean ALL your work is gone, like- literally!
    The copy-paste thing... ya, i mean, if you have like a word document, you put it in your phone, it doesn't even recall it, you don't see it as an icon or anything anywhere... 0-0 Apparantly, you have to downlolad a hfs server, and transfer your files via that but the prob is....
    YES I DID DOWNLOAD IT and....
    and....

It was for a test i was supposed to write today, so i wanted to study from my cellphone during the day, before it. The icons did turn up at home, but when i went somewhere else(w/no internet) it got destroyed!! or something.... lol i'm being dramatic, but tough day, huh? I came home and plugged my cellphone in again, then i checked- it was there. I take it out of my computer, then check- gone! And THEN i learned you have to press a "save" button after opening each single document on your cellphone. But my "save" button is in grey, (others in white) like you can't press it. There's also "save as" but that's just dropbox, and it's probable that wherever i head out, there is no internet So....
    10-23-2013 11:39 AM
    Hi,

I have recently purchased the Ativ s and have exactly the same auto shut down as you describe.

For those out there wondering about Ativ s problems this is now my second phone. The first Ativ had a major issues that would not allow the camera to work at all. The only thing that I could see externally that may have prevented the camera from functioning, was that the camera button felt very flimsy. I wrote to Samsung about the shut down problem and they had no quick solution.....Come on Samsung pick-up your game! They advised me to send it away for repair.

I was just wondering if you had come across a solution. I am seriously considering taking it back for a refund this time.
    01-12-2014 06:36 PM
    Hi,
    I have recently purchased the Ativ s and have exactly the same auto shut down as you describe.
    Someone commented it happens either with problematic SD card or in area with low signal strength. I have mine auto-restart twice in area with low signal strength.
    01-13-2014 02:45 AM
    Someone commented it happens either with problematic SD card or in area with low signal strength. I have mine auto-restart twice in area with low signal strength.
    That was probably me in a different thread, I had mine reboot in a low signal area and almost daily reboots until the SD card was reformatted as exFAT.
    aafa likes this.
    01-13-2014 02:23 PM
    Hi i just bought a ATIV S two months ago and just rang up for them to come and pick it up.
    The reason is that when i make a call the screen goes black and i cant hang up or push those numbers that these automated answering machines want u to , also when i ring people , the dam phone hangs up on them ,but it does not always happen .
    04-18-2014 06:27 PM
    Hi i just bought a ATIV S two months ago and just rang up for them to come and pick it up.
    The reason is that when i make a call the screen goes black and i cant hang up or push those numbers that these automated answering machines want u to , also when i ring people , the dam phone hangs up on them ,but it does not always happen .
    Did you check for updates, that's a known issue with older firmware AFAIK.
    04-18-2014 08:43 PM
    had my ATIV S for 18 months now. Only issue I have is from the 8.1 dev preview camera flash. Other than that, no major random reboots. I was tempted in upgrading to ATIV SE just for the sake of getting the latest toy! But 8.1 has added so much more life than there already was.
    05-09-2014 02:39 PM
66 123