Samsung ATIV S problems

mark3152

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I have had my one for about three weeks a great phone except for one very frustrating problem in that if left for long periods of time such as overnight without use it switches itself off which is a ft lot of use if you rely on the alarm function. It does not do it all the time but on a fairly regular basis. I have heard that this problem also happens in the Galaxy android version of this phone. It is a Samsung problem. There is an app for the android version from AT&T which keeps the phone awake but as yet no windows app to do the same. It is a shame as it is a great phone apart from this.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have had 0 problems with Ativ. No switching off or anything. Battery superior compared to L920 I had before. I estimate I get 30% more time with the Ativ.

Min Tisal

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Best WP8 phone on the market imho, if only the camera and the display were a little better. No Problems after 3 weeks so far, glad i sold my 920

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Best WP8 phone on the market imho, if only the camera and the display were a little better. No Problems after 3 weeks so far, glad i sold my 920

This has been my only gripe about the Ativ S. However it isn't bad enough for me to pass on it. I'm just getting impatient waiting for its release on Sprint. I finally have 4G LTE turned on this week and no ATIV S to play with.

emyzz

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
When I play a game the side of the camera is soo hot, and sometimes only using whatsapp or now with BoardExpress is hot too, is normal that?
Sent from my GT-I8750 using Board Express

Mankku

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The back panel is really thin, and the cpu is near the camera i guess. Occasionally hot when in heavy use but mine does cool off quite quickly so normal stuff

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The main issue with the Ativ S can be reboots. These come from blocked apps, faulty mp3 files and sudden loss of signal. I managed to get mine to only reboot when I lose signal abruptly. If you use a microSD, use a Cat4, Cat10 can get you freezes. Yes I unblocked all my background apps and cleaned up my mp3 files.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The main issue with the Ativ S can be reboots. These come from blocked apps, faulty mp3 files and sudden loss of signal. I managed to get mine to only reboot when I lose signal abruptly. If you use a microSD, use a Cat4, Cat10 can get you freezes. Yes I unblocked all my background apps and cleaned up my mp3 files.

Yeah, wish I was more aware of the microSD issues before I picked one up....Went with a class 10 32GB Lexar, got a really good price on it but twice now the phone has told me that I've ejected the sd storage when I haven't...ergo all my stored photos are unavailable until I reset.
C'mon Samsung, fix this.

The phone is expandable upto 64 gb but can you even get a 32+ GB microSD that is only Class 4?

charmed84

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!
I got Ativ S test model, and everything is working just fine, except network. It only works with good or full signal and only 3G, GSM is not working at all. Is that because it is test model in question or some software bug? Is there a way to "reflash" it or sth.?

Thnx!

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Now my 32 GB Lexar Class 10 card isn't being recognized AT ALL...even after resetting. This sucks. I wouldn't recommend anyone going above a Class 4 card until this is officially fixed.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Now my 32 GB Lexar Class 10 card isn't being recognized AT ALL...even after resetting. This sucks. I wouldn't recommend anyone going above a Class 4 card until this is officially fixed.

On the Samsung website they only guarantee the Cat4 cards up to 32Gb. So, fix what?

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
For some reason the 32GB limit is only listed on certain country sites eg. Canada. Others omit the limitation. I have found some screenshots of where they used to put the limit, but checking the actual samsung sites doesn't show it anymore. This reminds me of my HTC EVO3D where it takes the 64GB micro SDXC card but isn't verbatimly stated to be able to do so. It wasn't even stated by support until after one of many updates. I suspect that Blue may bring with it some unannounced benefits to WP8 users.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

There were well-documented issues with lexar class 10 cards on the GS3 as well. From what I've heard from Samsung class 10 cards of all capacities work great, which sounds like a way to tiptoe around open standards and get all back-door proprietary...

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung 32gb class 10 card that has 0 problems. I bought this card when I replaced the memory to my old HTC 7 Pro. For that device it was a PITA to find memory that didnt cause problems as it was the whole internal memory. Then it was discovered that different brand memorys behaved differently, it really wasnt only about class. I think it might be a good idea to to head over to XDA of topics here about changing the internal memory to WP7 devices and what worked there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion