Anyone else having reboots?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just had a reboot on my Ativ S. I have never had any on my HTC 8X, or anyone else in our office has also not had any reboots on their 8X. Anyone else have reboots? I suspect faulty Qualcomm S4 chips for reboots. I have a direct exchange warranty, so if I have some more I will return the phone for a new one.

Decan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am, i have had some random reboots, i think in the last month or so I've had about 3 or so. I hasn't been annoying as yet tho.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the reboots of my Ativ S come from loss of carrier signal when I am not in Automatic for the carrier. In Oct/Nov 2012 the HTC 8X had similar problems that were fixed with a firmware update. The Ativ S also seems to have the same Internet sharing problems. I think HTC is further up on the learning curve.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Had a reboot today when my phone abruptly lost signal. Samsung needs to ask MS to ask HTC to make their firmware fixes available to Nokia and Samsung.

hello27

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been using this beautiful devices for a week - it actually rebooted 3-4 times during first 4 days. No update was pushed on this device since I opened this box even though I set it up "automatic" update.

Out of frustration, I did manually check software update, and it did 2 updates [one light (around 10MB) and one heavy(around 180MB)] till I get the message of "up to date" when I checked manual software update. then the reboot are gone - at least for 3 days since updating.:) so not 100% confident but check your software update

(I think the update is sourced directly from Samsung or microsoft - since I am using Rogers unlocked version with T-Mobile US)

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been using this beautiful devices for a week - it actually rebooted 3-4 times during first 4 days. No update was pushed on this device since I opened this box even though I set it up "automatic" update.

Out of frustration, I did manually check software update, and it did 2 updates [one light (around 10MB) and one heavy(around 180MB)] till I get the message of "up to date" when I checked manual software update. then the reboot are gone - at least for 3 days since updating.:) so not 100% confident but check your software update

(I think the update is sourced directly from Samsung or microsoft - since I am using Rogers unlocked version with T-Mobile US)

How is the Roger unlocked Ativ S working on T mobile's networks? Do you get 4G or LTE? Any problems so far?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720