Is the Ativ S 3G/4G compatible with T-Mobile U.S.?

frankly1100

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if this question or topic has been touched upon before. Anyway, I was seriously considering switching back to BlackBerry when the Q10 arrived since T-Mobile has said it will carry it but I'm not fully sure. I also considered sticking with Android (currently rocking a semi-broken GS3) and going with a Nexus 4 but no expandable memory is a big deal breaker for me and I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of sticking all my stuff in the "cloud." So I looked to Windows Phone. My younger sister has a Nokia 822 and I find the OS is clean, straight forward, and easy on the eyes. Everything is presented right in front of you. So I started looking into devices that would be compatible with T-Mobile and I'm not really so into the HTC 8X. But the Ativ S is exactly what I want, basically an S3 with Windows Phone. Now, I was considering ordering from Expansys USA but I'm not sure if it's 3G or 4G capable/compatible with T-Mobile. Is it Pentaband? GSM Nation has it listed as compatible both 3G and 4G. Anyone here currently rocking an Ativ S on T-Mobile? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Here is link to the GSM Nation page...

Samsung Ativ S T899 Gray LTE(Unlocked)

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
People have reported that the Rogers unlocked Ativ S work with Tmobile's 3G/4G bands. This is a Canadian network, and you would have to purchase it from a Canadian seller or a US seller that sells that particular carrier (Rogers) phones. There's another carrier, Bell, that also may work with T mobile's 3G/4G bands, but I would need someone to confirm this for sure. It has to be the T899 model and not the international model. Negri Electronics also sells both Rogers and Bell Ativ S devices. The link is here. Search results for: 'ativ s'

I would go with Rogers to be safe, because it has already been confirmed to be compatible with T mobile 3G/4G.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
All of Canada is the SGH-T899M version. Telus, Rogers and Bell. I have posted some more info here so I don't have to retype it. hopefully you can get some useful information from that thread.

tmo lte.jpg

here is a support snippet on their frequency for your reference.

Last edited:

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
If you want the best ATIV S for T-Mobile US buy the Canadian modem T899M
It supports Pentaband 3G and LTE Band 4 which is the one T-Mobile uses.

PauerSource

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that the Bell model will work on T-Mobile. Just a heads up, you will need a micro-sim card for this phone. I am absolutely loving this phone. Just came from a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and my Ativ is WAY faster and smoother than my old note.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720