How to reproduce the Ativ S reboot

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I am able the reproduce the Ativ S reboot at will. Step 1, go to area with poor, near zero data/voice reception, no bars, but still a signal. Step 2, switch off data connection. Step 3. Lock the screen. Step 4, wait about 30 seconds. Step 5, phone reboots! It has no effect to have wifi on or off!
I can do this at will, works every time!
This is exactly the same old bug the 8X had, but HTC fixed it.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not even sure if this is a Samsung problem? Seems rather that it lays at the OS level, so, Microsoft is the one who should fix it. :)

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not even sure if this is a Samsung problem? Seems rather that it lays at the OS level, so, Microsoft is the one who should fix it. :)

My guess is, you are right. I unblocked all my background tasks and my Ativ S stopped rebooting. But I also manage my connection manually now. So both combined, 5 days no reboots.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I also simplified my music directory structure and removed all mp3 which would stop playing on my cars mp3 audio system. Also making sure that all my music displays properly in the WP8 music player. (No double display of Albums and so.) My music is on my 32Gb cat4 microSD (Sandisk).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa