Swap the internal storage!! possible??

Mithun Prabhu

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually sick & tired using the external SD card on my Ativ S.
It always ends messing up a few files! I tried all the suggestions on this forum, but the results are ZERO :(
The worst mess is with the music files!!!! on reboot after syncing the music!! artists and albums go missing!!!

I observed that this not the case when syncing in the internal storage!!
So I was just thinking if the internal memory card could be swapped to a bigger one!!

I had done this on the HTC 7 Surround and it was perfect!!! All I had to do after the swap was just a hard reset!!
Is this possible on the Ativ S?
any help? suggestions?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, but it would be interesting. The problem I could see is that the OS is loaded on the internal storage. How could you replace it with a larger, but empty one? You would have no OS.

Mithun Prabhu

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
well I'm not all that of a technical expert, but with the help from guys at XDA I swapped the default 16 GB with an 32 GB card on the 7 Surround.
the phones prompts a message if you had to reinstall the operating system.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem is on your card. MAybe broken, compatibility issues or too slow. I have a class10 Samsung card that works great without any problems. I had this card on my HTC 7 Pro also without any issues. When I changed the internal memory to my Pro, it was way more difficult to find a card that didnt cause any problems than for the Ativ. If I would be you, I would try a different card. And no, you cannot change the internal memory of the Ativ.

Mithun Prabhu

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Yup!! Sorry.. I dint see the first post after keying on...

And yes may be I should try a new card. I was running on a class 6 Kingston 32 GB card.
I would try it with a class 10 card today. Hopefully it would not cause any more trouble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon