This May sound alittle Whiny (About the Ativ S coming to Sprint)

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting the Ativ S when it releases on Sprint, which would allow me to upgrade from my Arrive which I still kinda love. I had my Arrive for almost 2 years waiting for a new Windows Phone on the carrier, but am I the only the one that Sprint or Microsoft should offer some form of Discount for people upgrade their Arrive to the Ativ S or HTC Tiara. I know this might be outlandish but the idea I have was since the Ativ S is the high-end device it cost $199.99 have a discount for $100 off or the Tiara if it's $99.99 take $50 off. It's just a suggestion I know it mostly sounds like Nagging & probably won't happen I just wanted to know if anyone had this idea?

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope it isn't $199. It is not a new release, but just a new to Sprint release. Unless Samsung tweaks it more to update it for the U.S., then I could see it being $199 or more.

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree that sprint will probably try to charge us $199 for an older type phone! I just wish they would hurry up and bring us something instead of stringing us along! Getting pissed and about to jump onto a HTC One. Never had a Windows device but I love my Xbox so hey why not give Microsoft a try in the phones!

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
As a former Sprint store rep as recently as of a month ago, there has been ZERO internal talk of Windows Phone. The public knows as much as the average store rep at this point in time.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You can probably get $100 for your arrive thru Sprints buy back program.

As of this post, Sprint Buyback will only net you $22 for the Arrive. It was $36 a month ago (last time I checked).

http://www.sprintbuyback.com/

cAelbzz.png

Arachnicide

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I just want them to announce the phone already. I am really on my last legs with my arrive. The speakers work half the time, the side rail is broke and super glued in 3 seperate spots. I will still use it to play games, but I am in serious need of a daily use phone. I am excited about the Ativ S (especially the fact that I have sprint 4g LTE in my area), though I wanted a fancy Nokia, the samsung looks good to me. As long as the phone gets upgrade support for the OS I am ok with samsung. With the Lumia 928 coming Thursday, everyday is going to be a chore until I get my Win 8 on sprint.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same way it's time for an upgrade, it kinda stings to see all these other carriers get a New Windows Phone every month & still waiting at Sprint. I know this is wishful thinking but I hope the Sprint Ativ-S has the Galaxy S4 Specs. Probably not but that help & they really do need to announce the phone already.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, because the "Summer" is drawing near, my patience is wearing thin too for some more information from Sprint. As for the specs of the Sprint ATIV S, I was also wondering if Samsung would bring over some S4 specs since the last information release stated that the phones will NOT be last years' models. Therefore this should not be 100% identical to the other releases of the ATIV S. I would like it to take advantage of the Blue updates like higher resolution support for one.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea the only thing I know about the specs is that the Sprint version would be LTE capable, the original release wasn't. So it would make sense to add a couple more things under the hood as well, but they could just be lazy and leave it as is. For the Record Samsung usually like to stay up to date on their hardware.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually there are a few variants of the ATIV S already with one having LTE (non US standard LTE) and each having some minor differences in full specs. Come on Samsung...do something right for the US!!!

GoodDayToDie

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My SGH-T899M model ATIV S gets LTE on T-Mobile US, and I believe would also get it on AT&T. It supports at least four different LTE bands, so I believe it covers most of the market...

It's a GSM device though, with no support for CDMA2000. Even if you could get it to connect to Sprint's LTE network (which it may be capable of; if I see a Sprint LTE SIM card lying around I'll try it), it wouldn't be able to use their sub-LTE voice or data networks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven