password is CINGULAR1 BTW has anyone got internet sharing to work?
    wp_ss_20130502_0001.jpgwp_ss_20130502_0004.jpgwp_ss_20130502_0003.jpg
    Coolknight1968 likes this.
    05-02-2013 08:28 PM
    To make internet sharing work download the Samsung APN app from the marketplace and change the "Broadband" configuration to wap.cingular

Also you should instead use the "phone" apn if you have a smartphone data plan. wap.cingular should be used on non-smartphone data plans.
    05-03-2013 09:40 PM
    To make internet sharing work download the Samsung APN app from the marketplace and change the "Broadband" configuration to wap.cingular

Also you should instead use the "phone" apn if you have a smartphone data plan. wap.cingular should be used on non-smartphone data plans.
    can you possibly walk me through this over the phone? it is 6:22 pm 5/7 Tuesday, im not sure if im allowed to post my cell# on here

also although your directions seem easy when I install the Samsung apn app there are no existing configurations in the app it wants me to add an entirely new apn and over in the apn setting in my phone I do have wap.cingular for the name
    05-07-2013 08:23 PM
    can you possibly walk me through this over the phone? it is 6:22 pm 5/7 Tuesday, im not sure if im allowed to post my cell# on here

also although your directions seem easy when I install the Samsung apn app there are no existing configurations in the app it wants me to add an entirely new apn and over in the apn setting in my phone I do have wap.cingular for the name
    Honestly I don't remember the exact steps, I gave the phone to my sister because it doesn't have LTE band 17 and also doesn't get detected as a smartphone (she's on the non-smartphone $10 unlimited plan). I reset it and set it up for her in March, maybe they've changed the app since.

Samsung APN app to use

apn | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It was updated 5/8/2013 but the screenshot still shows the edit button. Could be a screenshot of the older version if you can't follow my directions.
    05-10-2013 02:28 AM
    Hi Peter
    Thank you so much, I'm getting closer to hopefully reenabling this feature I so desperately need and the link you sent me was the correct Samsung apn app to use, would you believe there are TWO apn Samsung apps floating out there lol, so I installed and attempted to do your instructions like you said and still no such luck.

Should I delete my existing phone apn settings over in the "cellular" menu first?

I did that and then ran the apn app made the small adjustments (btw there are 3 settings in that app) and still not working 😐
    Sent from my SGH-T899M using Board Express
    05-10-2013 05:13 PM
    I downloaded APN from market but at APN screen it shows "LTE-Verizon Internet" in disabled state. I can not modify it. I am using T899M in India which is earlier locked to ROGERS but now unlocked. Since there is no LTE support, I am using 4G option. How can I get rid of LTE? If not LTE, then how can I share Internet?
    07-09-2013 01:36 PM
    You did the same thing I did, you downloaded the wrong Samsung apn app, two apn apps are out there crazy I know, Peter fares sent a link to the right apn app on another thread, I downloaded it and still could not get internet sharing to work
    07-15-2013 08:29 PM
    Yes, be sure you have the right app, because you cannot uninstall setting apps. At least, if you can, I haven't been able to figure it out without resetting the phone.
    07-15-2013 08:57 PM
    You did the same thing I did, you downloaded the wrong Samsung apn app, two apn apps are out there crazy I know, Peter fares sent a link to the right apn app on another thread, I downloaded it and still could not get internet sharing to work
    I've posted a tutorial explaining how to get this working here.
    07-22-2013 03:21 PM
    It works thanks so much! I had been sorely missing this feature since wp7.x!
    07-22-2013 04:35 PM