BT Keyboard

GAZ1942

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone knows a BT Keyboard which works with the ATIV S I8750? We tried several, they are recognized but do not connect properly.

GAZ1942

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
The BT Keyboard starts the normal connection, is recognized, but than starts over with the procedure to connect, over and over. We have e.g. connected in the office the Plantronics Savi W 200 and it works. A headset (Jawbone) connects too, also connects perfectly in the car for hands free with Kenwood . I have requested an answer from Samsung but no answer yet.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue with my ATIV S, its Samsung. My Lumia 520 connects seamlessly.

*Edit 1: Connecting to Samsung E450-SW. Samsung ATIV S connected the very first time. Now it just cycles connecting/unconnected. No issues with HTC 8S or Lumia 520.

*Edit 2: After deleting the existing Samsung Home Audio Bluetooth profile, it paired fine on 2nd try.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings > Bluetooth,

Then 'Long-press' the Bluetooth profile you want to remove, select DELETE when prompted.

GAZ1942

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Here the answer from Samsung:
Yes our Ativ machine does support bluetooth keyboards but you would need to contact the actual manufacturer of the keyboard you chose first to verifiy compatability as we do not have access to all suitable keyboards

GAZ1942

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the keyboard IKKB10 which should be compatible with the Ativ S. It does not work, it cycles connected, disconnect. Will report what the response of my inquiry is. I cannot find a Samsung Home Audio BT profile under settings, BT.

GAZ1942

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Finally an answer to this keyboard issue. Microsoft has already in Windows Phone 7 eliminated the BT Stack for Keyboards. It reads"
Windows Phone 8 supports Bluetooth 3.1. This is an improved version of Bluetooth that automates the pairing process between Windows Phone 8 and Bluetooth devices, such as phone headsets, car audio systems, speaker docks, & NFC pairing.

Windows Phone 8 supports the following Bluetooth user profiles:

•Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP 1.2)
•Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.4)
•Hands Free Profile (HFP 1.5)
•Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP 1.1)
•Object Push Profile (OPP 1.1)
•Out of Band (OOB) & Near Field Communications (NFC)
The only thing we can do complain by Microsoft....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99