samsung ativ s stock roms? where to find?

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
hi

so a lot of us have been on a plight to get internet sharing to work with our various ativ s devices out there and I am beginning to think that it could be carrier related for example I have a Canadian rogers ativ s and I cannot for the life of me get internet sharing to work and maybe its rogers who put the block in the registry, like how at&t did with my htc titan, but because it was jailbroken I was able to get into the registry and remove the carrier block.

so with that said are there various different Samsung ativ s stock roms out there such as an international carrier free one? if so we could put our phones in bootloader and run that rom instead and it would have no blocks from carriers

I did do a search but there doesn't seem anything like that out there unlike htc where roms are floating everywhere even stock

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
question... do you have an LTE simcard? seen a few people have this issue with wifi sharing and was resolved by updating to an LTE SIM.

also you made sure your provider is listed right? options/mobile network.

I worked at Rogers and Rogers accounts needed a certain soc to allow wifi sharing and requires at least a 1GB plan (shouldn't matter though)

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm picking up an unlocked rogers ativ s this week and my providers bell soo I'll try mine out and if not I will be talking to a few friends who are at the tier 2 level of rogers tech support/

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
question... do you have an LTE simcard? seen a few people have this issue with wifi sharing and was resolved by updating to an LTE SIM.

also you made sure your provider is listed right? options/mobile network.

I worked at Rogers and Rogers accounts needed a certain soc to allow wifi sharing and requires at least a 1GB plan (shouldn't matter though)

im on at&t and do not have an lte sim card, I don't know how to go about obtaining and lte sim card because at&t is under the impression I am using a dumbphone, I currently have unlimited non smartphone data

previously I was on a UK htc titan that was not detected either and through the registry I reinstated internet sharing

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
im on at&t and do not have an lte sim card, I don't know how to go about obtaining and lte sim card because at&t is under the impression I am using a dumbphone, I currently have unlimited non smartphone data

Noelito, just go to your local official AT&T store and ask for a new SIM. Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I've been with AT&T since it was PacBell (which predates Cingular), but I got one for free. Didn't even have to show them my Ativ. :smile: I previously had the Samsung Focus (Day 1 WP guy, so sad that an official 7.8 ROM still hasn't been released for i917 by AT&T) and didn't want to slice up my old regular sized SIM, so they issued me a new one right on the spot. I asked if it was 4G and 4G LTE compatible and they said it was. Upon activation of the micro-SIM, my regular SIM was deactivated. Hope this helps.

BTW, I can't get Internet Sharing to work either. Getting a non-carrier ROM may be the solution. I have a Rogers Ativ S, like you, and asked an in-store rep (friend of a friend, so he didn't trip about my IMEI coming up as a dumb-phone :grin:) if he could re-provision the SOC code on my account to a 4G one. Since my Focus was only 3G, my account's provision was tied to 3G, as well. My thinking was, since the 'phone' apn probably doesn't work on your Ativ (like it doesn't on mine), if the SOC provision was changed, then maybe we would be able to access Internet Sharing like peterfares was able to get on his Ativ. Unfortunately, in order for AT&T to re-provision the SOC on our accounts, either I need to get another AT&T-recognized 4G/LTE capable phone (most of my friends are on Verizon, so there goes that idea) and then re-provision it OR (according to the rep) root the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett