Just curious why is there no hardware charging light indicator when phone is off? Is this limitation in Samsung Ativ S only or any windows phone devices are like that?
    06-06-2013 03:44 AM
    It is a limitation of Samsung Ativ S.The Samsung Ativ S and most other Windows Phones do not have notification LEDs. Only the HTC 8X and 8S have it. But then again I don't think Windows Phone supports notification LEDs anyway because to my knowledge even though the 8X and 8S have them it only lights up when charging and not when there is a notification.
    xyronaut likes this.
    06-06-2013 05:46 AM
    It is a limitation of Samsung Ativ S.The Samsung Ativ S and most other Windows Phones do not have notification LEDs. Only the HTC 8X and 8S have it. But then again I don't think Windows Phone supports notification LEDs anyway because to my knowledge even though the 8X and 8S have them it only lights up when charging and not when there is a notification.
    What a shame. I guess this is part of windowsphone limitation too. I thought having a hardware led notification is the most basic feature in almost any mobile phones, even feature phone has it. :(
    06-06-2013 08:19 AM
    What a shame. I guess this is part of windowsphone limitation too. I thought having a hardware led notification is the most basic feature in almost any mobile phones, even feature phone has it. :(
    Yeah, even my old LG phone from 2004 has that. I guess the Windows Phone team disagree, and are apparently in no hurry to fix it (or much else for that matter).
    06-06-2013 04:48 PM