I'm on Bell in Canada and I've been waiting 7 months for a 920 (and now 925). I much prefer Nokia's physical design over the ATIV's galaxy style, but I've quickly grown to like it.

Bell has dropped the 8x, but still offers the ATIV S for $0, so I picked one up with my long standing account upgrade.

I think that I was starting to want a Nokia too badly - that I was going to consider buying and unlocking a 520 instead of taking a free ATIV S. That would have been a mistake. The ATIV S may be missing all of the cool Nokia apps, but it has some great benefits:

- Super thin, and super light. I have no problem with the weight of the 920 (I convinced my brother to get one as he is on Rogers), but next to an ATIV you really notice the weight difference.
    - The super AMOLED screen is stunning, it just looks so good.
    - Battery life is excellent starting with the 2nd charge, and better than my brother's 920.3 which has NFC off and all background tasks off.
    - Bluetooth on
    - NFC on
    - Background tasks: Amazing Weather HD, Bloomberg, GoPro, MetroTube, MyStocksPortfolio+, Wikipedia, WPcentral (I know, not really 'heavy hitters' of background tasks though).
    - 4G LTE always on.

Remaining Battery Life: 32%
    Time since last charge: 16 hours

My only problem: ProShot throws an error message when I try to switch to Manual mode / Manual Focus. I also really miss Nokia's panorama app (I love that app).
    I also wish that Samsung had an equivalent of Nokia's "Storage Check".

Needless to say, despite how happy I am with the ATIV, I will be switching to Nokia as soon as possible if they make future flagships easily attainable (not exclusive to bloody Rogers).
    06-16-2013 11:49 AM
    Good move glad you like the phone. I'm on Rogers using L920, WP8 in general rocks so either choice would have been good imo. Why did Bell drop the 8x? That's unfortunate.
    06-16-2013 11:55 AM
    I was looking at the 920, too, because of the super-sensitive touch and its camera. But I found the ATIV S for a great price unlocked online. Funny thing is, I put in a Virgin Micro SIM, but says my provider is Bell (which is technically true, since Virgin uses Bell's network). Curious as to when we'll be getting the firmware update that various European countries have. My ATIV is still on 2212.12.12.2. But, yeah, I love the extra screen size. Makes reading text and typing a breeze.

I, too, hate Rogers. Once my contract with Virgin is up (they screwed up; I never wanted a contract but don't want to help me get out of it. Surprise, surprise) I'll likely switch to WIND. Hopefully they'll have a greater wealth of Windows devices then and a stronger network.
    06-16-2013 12:13 PM
    Why did Bell drop the 8x? That's unfortunate.
    I should have asked the store rep out of curiosity. I noticed that about a month ago, the 8x was removed from in-store display, and later noticed that it was removed from the Bell website.

It had me excited at the thought that maybe it meant that the 925 (or some new WP8 devices) were coming soon in order to replace the offering.

I don't hate Rogers, I'm just against Nokia exclusivity when all other flagship devices are easily available on Bell / Rogers / Telus.
    06-16-2013 09:07 PM
    I saw the Ativ S besides my 8X because my friend was a store rep and had to have it or something like that, and it looks absolutely stunning. The screen is just wow. It is perfect for windows phone. Really! The colors to pop, like it should kinda look on windows phone :) Good choice! I just chose this since the music playing (with beats audio) really is superior! I've tried it with 920 with another friend, and just when I saw the Ativ S, I tried it in that guys car stereo and boy was there a difference! Good music, 8X, good screen and larger screen, Ativ S, great camera and super sensitive screen, 920. I think it's pretty diverse :)
    Last edited by WhippedKream; 06-17-2013 at 01:34 AM.
    06-16-2013 09:18 PM
    Congrats on your Purchase! :)
    06-16-2013 11:57 PM
    I don't hate Rogers, I'm just against Nokia exclusivity when all other flagship devices are easily available on Bell / Rogers / Telus.
    It was like that in the US. When the 920 launched, you could only get it at AT&T. Now, all other major carriers in the US are getting variants of the 920: Verizon gets the 920, whilst T-Mobile's getting the 925.
    06-17-2013 08:48 AM
    I I don't hate Rogers, I'm just against Nokia exclusivity when all other flagship devices are easily available on Bell / Rogers / Telus.
    Agreed
    06-19-2013 05:55 PM
    Minor side note: No exterior carrier branding. No boot screen carrier branding. The only "carrier bloatware" is the Bell mobile TV app, and that the homepage for IE is set to Bell.

After 6 days of ownership, I will re-iterate that I absolutely love the amoled screen. Side by side with my brother's 920, I much prefer the ATIV S screen (although I'd much prefer to have the 920, lol).

Other side note: the capacitive touch buttons for "back" and "search" (physical button for home) are bright, clean, pure white. No yellow light problems like I've heard with some Nokia models. I should actually compare with my brother's 920.3 when I see him in a few days.
    06-19-2013 09:41 PM