Change search engine

dext

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Is it possible to change the default search engine to use google instead of bing? or to use the search button to open the google app?

Thanks.

Gyulu81

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

As I know Search Button is equal to bing, because Microsoft prefers Bing. There is no option to change the search engine still (perhaps later). So as half-solution You can create a live title on the home screen for Google.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It is possible in IE, you can select the search engine of your choice in its settings.You can just type in any text in the URL bar and it will search it on google, this is very similar to PCs.

The Search capacitive button at the bottom is hard coded to open Bing, this is important coz one day (I donno which one) Microsoft is surely going to implement universal search like those on Blackberry or iOS. And moreover Microsoft is kicking "something" with its voice search. I am pretty sure we will see imporvements on this front.
This is my best guess as to why the search button is what it is.

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I very rarely actually use the search button, I usually initiate searches through IE by just typing whatever I want to search on the address bar. As mentioned, this can be changed into Google in IE, but personally I find myself getting better results with Bing, so I'm sticking with that on all my devices.

I'm still looking forward for them to make the search button search from the phone as well, sort of like Windows 8 does it. Then I might actually use it.

dext

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any option to change the seach engine. I saw that in some wp models there is an option in the ie settings but in the Ativ S this options is not present.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos