Has anyone noticed what may be "super sensitive touch" on their ATIV S?

The thought crossed my mind to try it after I noticed that I could use my screen effortlessly with my finger nail.

- works with a metal spoon.
    - works with a gold ring.
    - works with a Nike tube sock over my finger (but not through 2 layers of material).
    - does not work with leather gloves.

Maybe I should have waited to compare against my brother's 920 and iPhone 4S when I see him this weekend. I have no other touch screen devices to compare against at the moment.

Does this sound 'normal' or 'super-sensitive'?
    06-25-2013 10:53 PM
    Iphone series do not have the super sensitive touch (as of now, don't know about the future), have compared a 720's sensitive touch to an i5.
    Made the i5 owner touch both phones using his fingernails.
    06-26-2013 05:12 AM
    Sounds somewhat normal. Capacitive screens react to the "electricity" in your fingers, which is why many conductive things will still work sometimes. For example the super sensitive touch on 920 will effortlessly work even with several layers of material or leather gloves. Even then though, it just seems to be more sensitive (as the name of the feature implies) than normal, as in conductivity is still required. Some extremely heavy duty gloves or non-conductive materials rarely work even on the Lumia 920.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-26-2013 05:28 AM
    My leather gloves work perfectly well on the screen, but they are thin and silk lined. If you want leather gloves that work, choose the thinnest pair and either unlined or silk lined.
    06-30-2013 07:45 PM
    Sounds somewhat normal. Capacitive screens react to the "electricity" in your fingers, which is why many conductive things will still work sometimes. For example the super sensitive touch on 920 will effortlessly work even with several layers of material or leather gloves. Even then though, it just seems to be more sensitive (as the name of the feature implies) than normal, as in conductivity is still required. Some extremely heavy duty gloves or non-conductive materials rarely work even on the Lumia 920.
    Uhm, conductivity not electricity, most specifically on the permittivity, touch capacitance and parasitic capacitance (the threshold when measuring the difference between them). That's why sensing with water spilled over the screen is that bad and why there's no reaction to air with permittivity of 1 . The screen reacts to the capacitance BY drawing current through the sensor.
    07-02-2013 10:07 AM