GDR2 on Ativ S

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I do not care, I got a Nokia Lumia 1020 from Swedish, I?ll give my wife ativ s... :smile:

The why bother commenting in here?

It's bad enough that us Samsung owners get **** from you Nokia Fanboys in the comments of news articles but in our own part of the forums that's just not fair. Go bug the other Nokia Fanboys in the Lumia 1020 section instead!!!!! :eck:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Why have you commented here? He has already posted in this thread, and is simply stating that he is now moving from an Ativ S to a Lumia 1020.
Read before posting.

Read his post again, he says he does not care so why is he posting in this section of the forums then?

rhodri22

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Read his post again, he says he does not care so why is he posting in this section of the forums then?

Read his above posts. He was waiting for the GDR2 update for the Ativ S, and has then said that he doesn't care about it anymore because he's got a 1020 and has given his Ativ S to his wife. He is merely updating his situation, nothing more.
Once again, read before posting.

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for my coment... But i like samsung and nokia. Samsung ativ s is the best looking phone ever for me. Nokia allso look nice!
;)

Edit:

I love all wp7-8 phones.
My phones in the past few years... LG 7, htc Mozart, htc HD7, nokia lumia 800, 900, Samsung ativ s... Nokia lumia 1020.
My woman has poor eyesight, and now uses the Lumia 620... So... Samsung ativ is 4.8" ! ;)
See avatar she wears glasses

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for my coment... But i like samsung and nokia. Samsung ativ s is the best looking phone ever for me. Nokia allso look nice!
;)

Edit:

I love all wp7-8 phones.
My phones in the past few years... LG 7, htc Mozart, htc HD7, nokia lumia 800, 900, Samsung ativ s... Nokia lumia 1020.
My woman has poor eyesight, and now uses the Lumia 620... So... Samsung ativ is 4.8" ! ;)
See avatar she wears glasses

No Problem, I just get fed up with all the Samsung hate around here and sometimes it really gets to me. I just didn't read the thread before posting which is a common mistake on forums :)

That's quite a few Windows Phones, it's good to see someone who has stuck with Windows Phone since launch.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
LOLOLOL....cry... I got the "Low Space" warning during "Preparing To Install" unpak-ing phase. Still seems to be ticking along though...story of a WP users life, eh?

uh-oh. Been stuck at "Preparing to install 100%" for a bit now. Hope I'm not hung up. Phone isn't locked-up though so that's still good.

FWIW I think I was at 1.3 gb and a bit of free space before starting all this. Y'all might want to bump that up a bit before starting...just to be safe.

Ok...that took a while but I'm over the hump now. It says it's going to install "Microsoft Update 8.0.10322.71, Microsoft Update 8.0.10327.77, and SAMSUNG Update for Windows Phone." I'm guessing the last one is firmware...

Last edited:

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok...that took a while but I'm over the hump now. It says it's going to install "Microsoft Update 8.0.10322.71, Microsoft Update 8.0.10327.77, and SAMSUNG Update for Windows Phone." I'm guessing the last one is firmware...

Yup. OS is now 8.0.10327.77, and your firmware should be updated to 2212.13.6.1 when all is said and done.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Can some one post some feedback about it?
Thanks
There was mention of a "DataSense" feature, but I haven't seen any evidence of it anywhere. Can anybody else with the update verify this? I checked in settings, and in my list of apps, but if it exists, it appears to be eluding me.

OTA is the only way to receive updates.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
There was mention of a "DataSense" feature, but I haven't seen any evidence of it anywhere. Can anybody else with the update verify this? I checked in settings, and in my list of apps, but if it exists, it appears to be eluding me.

OTA is the only way to receive updates.

Isn't datasense network operator dependent?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe how long it's taking to roll GDR2 out to unbranded devices, Samsung and Microsoft are being lethargically slow about it. :-/

doug5962

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
One thing I just realized about my Ativ S (T899M version) is that it's only semi-unbranded...There are no brandings on the case and there is no carrier splash screen but I still have the Bell firmware and had to wait for them to release it. This might be why so many people think it's taking long for the update to hit unbranded phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss