GDR2 on Ativ S

dubbaYous

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with Firmware 2424.12.12.3 received the update?

I would like to hear if anyone has had update from this firmware revision number 2424.12.12.3. I had called the company I purchased my phone from and they are trying to tell me it won't upgrade, I told them that this is a winPhone 8 and that it will go up to gdr2 because it is just upgrade to os not new os, they say they have samsung experts who work there. I told them this is samsung not supporting windows and if I had known what I know now I wouldn't had bought phone, will not get another samsung product.

itsmemuffins

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Ativ S unlocked GT-I8750 last week from Amazon.de. It was shipped from Italy. It had GDR2 available to install the day I got it.

Initial OS version was 8.010211.204 then it installed 8.0.10327.71 then 8.0.10327.77

Firmware revision number: 2424.13.5.1
Hardware revision number: 15.15.1.0
Radio software version: 2424.13.51
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.800
Boot loader version: 13.04.19.21
Chip SOC version: 1.5.32

ling520

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm also writing to let you be aware of what a excellent discovery my friend's princess gained checking the blog. <A
href="http://www.hiphopcap.info/">hiphop cap</B></A>She realized some details, You truly did more than my expected results. Many thanks
for imparting such beneficial, trusted.<A href="http://www.hiphopcap.info/">hiphop cap</B></A>

Alkaziel

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
mainly because of here drive ..but also with ativ s it feels like I'm left in the dark..of the dark...eating a homeless mans leftovers :(

? You still have HERE Drive on your Ativ S...

By the way I flashed mine to GDR2 yesterday since the update was not available as of now in France; nothing to complain about, works fine but I still have to test deeper. The automatic restore (settings / SMS) is amazing!

Regarding the lack of support of Samsung, they released a lot of apps lately, and the Ativ S is one of the most pleasant cellphones in terms of usability (maybe the 925 can compete, have to test one). And performance js stunning as well...

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Ma batali to.
Mogu ti poslati link sa EU Open FW za Ativ S-a i sa flešerom pa ga napiči bez čekanja (ako želiš).
Moj je inače prilagođen za Nordijsko tržište (bio) pa sam muku mučio sa mt:s karticom za internet.
Daj link-ove... Stavi ovde!

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I am curious to what network are you on, could it be at&t or some mvno that uses at&t??
No, I'm on Orange (Romania). But since it's unlocked it's not related to carrier but to IMEI code probably. There is always the manual upgrade as a final solution :)

m3kk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Is there any downsides with this? :s with my old android I never waited for the OTA but flashed via Odin as soon as it was released , is this something like that?

pawlakpl

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Can any one send for me "ID" of samsung Ativ S? In Nokia I can find it in info+extras but i have no idea what is Ativ S ID ( i really need it).
1628hl.jpg

dubbaYous

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Post on page 5 of this topic shows the about screen on ativ,

States the following:
name: Samsung ATIV S
Model: SAMSUNG GTi8750 (tmobile version will say t899m (if memory serves me right))

Sorry, that's all I can see that would apply

pawlakpl

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe any one who have any experience can connect Ativ S with Fiddler ( you know, proxy ;]), go to marketplace, open any app but do not install it and paste here link, which looks like this in screens which i attach.
Regards
check.png
adres.png

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It seems Nokia is rolling out the GDR2 in my city pretty soon. But there is still no news from Samsung for rolling out... :angry: Is Samsung still supporting Ativ S?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers