GDR2 on Ativ S

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Everybody with Nokia WP8 has got the gdr2 update. Now I believe Samsung is not going to do anything for us. No more Samsung for me next time! :eck:

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Slim chances. Hopefully GDR3 will be available for download and update it manually, same thing I did with GDR2. Otherwise I'd be stil waiting for online update right now.

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm regularly checking the net for a gdr3 to download.
GDR3 for the ATIV S has already appeared in a leaked screenshot, it must be somewhere.

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Reporting: No Update yet from Malaysia......

Huh. I'm from Singapore and when I bought my ATIV S in late July, the moment I finished setting up, I got notifications for both Portico and GDR2. After updating, few days later I saw the WPCentral article that GDR2 for the ATIV S was released. I did not know at all and updated, unknowingly being one of the first ATIV S owners to taste GDR2. My ATIV S was purchased from Expansys and has a UK Unbranded ROM although the phone came from Hong Kong

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Everybody with Nokia WP8 has got the gdr2 update. Now I believe Samsung is not going to do anything for us. No more Samsung for me next time! :eck:
no your wrong. Not everybody. Us with Att in the US are still left cold with the 920 having gdr2. :'(

AtivS8

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Forget quarrels please you waste space.
i have a question im in uk ativ s is discontinued im reading about gdr2/3 and bittersweet shimmer and these updates such as amber i know being a Samsung owner these updates may not apply and features are slightly different. Long story short can somebody give me a quick breakdown of what i should be getting and what this will bring i cant tell(guessing not) but gdr2 in uk? Thanks WPMassive

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Forget quarrels please you waste space.
i have a question im in uk ativ s is discontinued im reading about gdr2/3 and bittersweet shimmer and these updates such as amber i know being a Samsung owner these updates may not apply and features are slightly different. Long story short can somebody give me a quick breakdown of what i should be getting and what this will bring i cant tell(guessing not) but gdr2 in uk? Thanks WPMassive
Practically speaking, you won't get the Nokia improvements.
What you will get?

-Bug fixes for XBOX Music, for the Other Storage problem and other miscellaneous stuff.
-FM Radio
-Support for new media codecs

I think that's about it.

Since you're a Samsung owner, you'll also get a temp file clearer.

Oh, and the ability to update maps one street at a time!

And before I forget, ability to set default camera app!

AtivS8

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Also i notice that everybody outside the uk pretty much has lte t899m is it ? As far as i know ativ's in uk are not long term evo's is this all truth or a safety washover? Mine is unbranded factory unlocked so is this a good sign? Thanks for your help

miguelsantos

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
No. t899m is probably only for north america.
Also i notice that everybody outside the uk pretty much has lte t899m is it ? As far as i know ativ's in uk are not long term evo's is this all truth or a safety washover? Mine is unbranded factory unlocked so is this a good sign? Thanks for your help

AtivS8

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So the chances are whether hidden and disabled or not my uk version even though not carrier specific is not lte :( next Samsung windows phone is...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea