O2 UK UPDATE- No FM Radio and No Data Sense

pattyandchips

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello I just got the GRD2 update and have tried restarting the phone but there is still no Radio or Data Sense.

All in all pointless update... Has anybody else got radio or data sense?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello I just got the GRD2 update and have tried restarting the phone but there is still no Radio or Data Sense.

All in all pointless update... Has anybody else got radio or data sense?

I guess you haven't tried a factory reset yet then as that fixes the Other Storage issue and adds Data Sense. On a side note I have an unbranded and unlocked ATIV S on O2-UK and that had Data Sense after the factory reset, not only that but the battery seems to last a lot longer and ATIV Beam now works.

dimatador

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
If you want data sence, you need to get a rom from a country that the cell phone networks dont provide data packages like the networks do overnorth america or perhaps in some european countries, i got a latin america rom on my nokia lumia 920 from canada, its an unbranded ROM and it has all of the little add ons from nokia with out all of the garbage from nerworks,

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If you want data sence, you need to get a rom from a country that the cell phone networks dont provide data packages like the networks do overnorth america or perhaps in some european countries, i got a latin america rom on my nokia lumia 920 from canada, its an unbranded ROM and it has all of the little add ons from nokia with out all of the garbage from nerworks,

We aren't talking about Nokia, unbranded and unlocked ATIV S devices get Data Sense regardless of the carrier. All you have to do is a factory reset after updating to GDR2.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You have to do a factory reset after installing GDR2 to get Data Sense to show up but it does work on O2.

Can you do me a screenshot of datasense working on your phone and post it up here?

You are the first person to ever mention it working on O2 and im not about to factory reset my phone just to test it.

pillswoj

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Can you do me a screenshot of datasense working on your phone and post it up here?

You are the first person to ever mention it working on O2 and im not about to factory reset my phone just to test it.

So you are accusing him of lying? WTF Many have stated that a Hard reset is required (regardless of carrier) in order to fix other storage and get Datasense to work. If its to much trouble for you then live without it.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So you are accusing him of lying? WTF Many have stated that a Hard reset is required (regardless of carrier) in order to fix other storage and get Datasense to work. If its to much trouble for you then live without it.

Thanks and I guarantee I'm not lying, what reason would I have to lie?

I'll post a screen shot if martinmc78 really wants me too but it could be that O2 haven't enabled it on their version of GDR2 for the ATIV S that they sell, what we really need is for someone with an O2 branded ATIV S to do a factory reset to see if they have Data Sense as well.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
We should probably clarify that a reset from within the operating system doesn't bring your device to the factory default.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks and I guarantee I'm not lying, what reason would I have to lie?

I'll post a screen shot if martinmc78 really wants me too but it could be that O2 haven't enabled it on their version of GDR2 for the ATIV S that they sell, what we really need is for someone with an O2 branded ATIV S to do a factory reset to see if they have Data Sense as well.

I wasn't accusing you of lying and apologise if it came across that way. As I said you are the first person that I have heard of that has it enabled. Doing a factory reset is a pain in the backside and im a bit loathed to do it if it doesn't achieve anything. It may well only be present on unlocked devices at present.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't accusing you of lying and apologise if it came across that way. As I said you are the first person that I have heard of that has it enabled. Doing a factory reset is a pain in the backside and im a bit loathed to do it if it doesn't achieve anything. It may well only be present on unlocked devices at present.

No problem, seeing as Data Sense requires carrier support as well I would assume that O2 have enabled it already and if they haven't enabled their branded devices to use it then that would be silly.

Another feature that Data Sense adds is the ability to map Wireless Hotspots on Maps.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Actually it does, Settings>about>reset your phone. The phone reboots and is factory reset
No, the factory default is the state the device was in when you first started using it. Resetting from within the "about" section formats all information and restores your phone to the latest version of the operating system.

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've also noticed is that the random reboots are gone as well, my phone would reboot at least once a day and since getting GDR2 it hasn't rebooted once :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No, the factory default is state the device was in when you first started using it. Resetting from within the "about" section formats all information and restores your phone to the latest version of the operating system.

I didn't think you could do that, wiping all the updates off the phone as well. I might be wrong about that though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte