Samsung ativ s has a FM radio ????

lueyyou

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Once again Samsung dropping the ball on Windows Phone features. I bet you they just don't want someone with Windows Phone to have more features than their precious Androids.

Sort it out Samsung!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Once again Samsung dropping the ball on Windows Phone features. I bet you they just don't want someone with Windows Phone to have more features than their precious Androids.

Sort it out Samsung!

All Samsung has to do is release a software update to add FM Radio support.

mightyrobert

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I asked in facebook samsung pages, and this was the answer:

Roberto Gonz?lez Rodr?guez publicado enSamsung Mobile Espa?a
Hace 22 horas :
I need to now if Samsung Ativ S has FM radio chip. Could you tell me? is It going to receive radio fm in upcoming updates of windows phone? Thank you.
Me gusta ?
Samsung Mobile Espa?a Hi Roberto,
We've just checked and no, it doesn't not have radio. It's due to a hardware configuration son it doesnt depend on software updates. Best Regards!
Hace 32 minutos ? Me gusta

It's a copy/paste from web. Could they be wrong (is the spanish page) but it seems...a bad thing.

tarthyel

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It is not a fake, a wpcentral user uploaded it few weeks ago. But good to know, at the moment its just an activated hidden program without the fm drivers.

ctinro

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what that means, but I use TuneIn Radio, where I've checked `use fm tuner for local stations`. Instead of that, it still use audio buffer streaming.

Butiulca Tudor

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
a lot of you are complaing about that FM radio, at least we dont have huawei with wp8 they didnt support either GDR2, is it so important FM radio ? for me it not, i have mp3...

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
a lot of you are complaing about that FM radio, at least we dont have huawei with wp8 they didnt support either GDR2, is it so important FM radio ? for me it not, i have mp3...

Well, I would say depends on where you are, in my country yes...there are no packages with more than 1GB (In fact I pay USD 90 monthly for it which here is not cheap)..another reason, based on our experience due living in country in a earthquake zone....when it happens, here all OEM net collapse and if you are outside the only way to know whats going on/where to go (if thats the case) is by the FM radio...so, in my case, I prefer to use have a FM radio installed on my phone :)

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I pay somewhat above 6 buck for 3 Gbytes per month though speeds are really bad here in Russia. It's almost every time H+ (HSPA 7.2Mbps) or H (HSDPA 3.2Mbps), often it's E (EDGE 236kbps), occasionally though it's 3G (UMTS 386kbps).

But that's only connection speed (that's the negotiation speed between the receiver and the station). Data speeds are that worse that I can't listen neither iHeartRadio, nor TuneIn Radio, nor is it possible to listen to Xbox Music live, that's why my 32 gig SD card's running out of space. God save the person who took the decision to add SD card support to ATIV S. I am so badly needing it on Lumia 1020.

Speaking of the hack to enable the radio, it looks more a dummy than a real thing, read here.

Last edited:

jessenic

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I pay 9€/month for unlimited data at max 21Mbps down, no up limit. LTE worked too if the ATIV S only supported it. This is in Finland.

We cannot enable the FM radio on the ATIV S, at least on the GT-i8750 as it does not even have the Qualcomm supplied FM drivers installed.
It seems there is qcfmminiport.dll, which is the FM driver.
Also the CPU on my ATIV S GT-I8750 is 8960, tested with Qualcomm's configuration software.

Last edited:

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I pay 9€/month for unlimited data at max 21Mbps down, no up limit. LTE worked too if the ATIV S only supported it. This is in Finland.

We cannot enable the FM radio on the ATIV S, at least on the GT-i8750 as it does not even have the Qualcomm supplied FM drivers installed.
It seems there is qcfmminiport.dll, which is the FM driver.
Also the CPU on my ATIV S GT-I8750 is 8960, tested with Qualcomm's configuration software.

Whoa, what's the carrier? I am frequent traveler to Finland and would appreciate a clue on a good carrier/data plan in Finland. Would you mind to name it (possibly PM me if you could)?

jessenic

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Whoa, what's the carrier? I am frequent traveler to Finland and would appreciate a clue on a good carrier/data plan in Finland. Would you mind to name it (possibly PM me if you could)?

It's Tele Finland. Seems that they don't have the offer anymore, so it would be 13€/month for new customers. Sonera Sopiva has the same price for calls and texts and internet in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and in the Baltic countries so that could be a good option if you travel in these countries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo