ATIV S problem with camera after update to GDR 2

valuk

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

After update to GDR2 an factory reset my camera do not work. I tried to do factory reset again but there is no effect. When i want to switch to camera, there is only black screen and functions for taking a picture/video/front came are gray and there is no response when i touch them. Also sometimes when i want to switch to cam app, it only brings me back to start menu. Any suggestions what could fix this problem?

Thanks!

bye

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Remove the battery and hold power button cca 20sec, then put the battery back...
It's stupid, but might help :straight:

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
rotkod holding camera button does'nt help anyother solution??
Remove the battery and hold power button (not the camera button) cca 20sec, then put the battery back...
This procedure emptying all electricity (power) in the hardware...

It's stupid, but might help

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Remove the battery and hold power button (not the camera button) cca 20sec, then put the battery back...
This procedure emptying all electricity (power) in the hardware...

It's stupid, but might help

Its not stupid but more of an electrical solution, pressing the power button connects the circuit and drains any saved charges from capacitors which resets the power cycle completely.

darkjamzi

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. Ended up taking it back to the store. I now have a new Ativ S and about to upgrade ......... eeeeek

update on second phone went without issues.

Last edited:

donce

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
i havent updated to GDR2 but, i have the same problem, and i tried to fix it in this way, but it didn' t help, is there more varitations how to fix it ?:)

Every_User_Is_Taken

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I flashed the ROM but camera still doesn't working.
I have no idea what the problem is with Ativ S camera. If it was only my phone I used to say: that was just my own luck, but i am seeing a lot of people are having the same problem.

I am posting just to tell you if you are in doubt to flash or not to flash your phone.

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a different camera problem. Since updating to Windows phone 8.1 developer preview, switching between still pictures and videos or taking more than six or seven pictures causes a phone restart! Any solutions? I've tried hard and soft rest but I've got the same problem. Thanks

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a different camera problem. Since updating to Windows phone 8.1 developer preview, switching between still pictures and videos or taking more than six or seven pictures causes a phone restart! Any solutions? I've tried hard and soft rest but I've got the same problem. Thanks

I haven't had the phone restart but the camera crashing when doing what you describe is a known issue with Ativ S on 8.1 Dev preview and seemingly can only be fixed when Samsung releases the new firmware. Hopefully that will be soon. Don't panic.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb